Wednesday, July 15, 2009

things you probably didn't want to know...



OK. I guess I’m going to do this now.  A couple of weeks ago, Andrea of Not Rocket Science tagged me with the ‘Honest Scrap’ award (no, I am not posting the picture).  I‘m supposed to tell 10 things about me that you don’t know.  Then I’m supposed to send it on to some other unsuspecting folk.  Here’s a confession.  I don’t send stuff on.  I don’t forward forwards, I don’t do chain letters and I don't pass on awards.  Please, believe me when I say that I am very grateful and appreciative when other bloggers think of me and send this stuff my way.  I’m happy that they, my loyal readers, swim around in my universe, but the hard truth is that stuff like that ends here.  Besides, everyone I read is deserving, otherwise I wouldn’t read you right?  So this is an open invitation for anyone who wants to play to just jump right in.


When I first read that I had to come up with a list of 10 things you don’t know about me, I thought I had already blown that with my ‘jobs’ list.  It’s taken a few weeks but here is way more than you probably ever wanted to know, as if you hadn’t got to that point already.


My Top 10 list:


10.  I was the only one in my family that did not wear glasses.  However now, like everyone else my age, I need reading glasses.  


9.  In 1970 I hitchhiked with two friends to Washington DC from Chicago for one of the anti-war marches on the Capital.  Had my parents known they would have had apoplexy and I would have gotten the ‘What Will Our Friends and Colleagues Think’ speech.


8.  The only TV show I have ever seen every single episode of is ‘Lost’.  Don’t ask me what’s going on though, I quit trying to make sense of it long ago.  


7.  I am right handed and right eye dominant but I use the phone with my left ear.


6.  I prefer being barefoot and only put on shoes when I am leaving the house or my feet are cold.  I will not wear heels.


5.  I have a voice that carries.  When the kids were in Little League, the other parents would get me to call their kids who were across the field.  People frequently shush me, but I’m not yelling...really.


4.  I am a 12th generation American.  So far.


3.  I cannot leave jigsaw puzzles alone.  I love jigsaw puzzles.  They satisfy me on so many levels.


2.  When I eat watermelon, I always save the heart for last.  I take a lot of ribbing for this but when we visited our friends in NY recently, Charles did the same thing.


1.  I pee in the shower.  (C’mon, you do it too.)

9 comments:

  1. 1. You mean you're not supposed to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know you this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list! Great to know about your voice. That's a "wood" characteristic in Chinese medicine. Very cool.

    Like you I don't pass on forwards or do chain letters and when I pass on awards, I offer them to everyone. You would think I would have the worst luck in the world, but actually I'm pretty lucky, even though I've broken the chain hundreds of times. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. It made me laugh like I haven't in a long time. We have much in common, #1,5,6,7,& 8 and for #4 I am a 5th generation Coloradoan. I love "Lost" and can't wait to see what happens next year. Keep us all laughing. robin g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess.....I pee in the shower, too. Steal tomatoes, too. Shhh, don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm with you on the watermelon habit. I also appreciate your honesty with blog awards - I got one, and I think I didn't burden the recipients I chose to pass it on to, but it did concern me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! And we can use #5 from time to time. I will keep you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hitchhiked in the early 70's, too. Mostly to Allman Brother's concerts. Never told my children this, though, or my parents. They both would have flipped! Congrats on your award! I think that you should display it because you've obviously earned it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.