Wednesday, October 18, 2023

the mosaic park


Smither Park  is located next to the Orange Show, a half acre of mosaic art. I'm not going to go into who, what, when, or why. You can read that on their website. I'm just going to show you 18 of the 84 pictures I took. Unfortunately the sun was in position to cast most of it in shadow when we were there so I brightened and reduced shadows on most of them which washed out the color a little bit and a couple of the pictures have a glare across them diagonally. A few are close-ups or details of larger compositions. Most of the pathways were done. You're going to want to look at these on a laptop or desktop instead of your mobile device.




15 comments:

  1. These are lovely. Some of them remind me of Australian aboriginal art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing stuff. Surely there's a Guinness world record in there somewhere. Most mosaic tiles used in one location?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such beautiful mosaics. I loved looking at each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, those are lovely, Ellen. What an amazing amount of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful stuff. Imagine. Create. Bring along a lot of broken crockery and mirrors and such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these...and each one would have more to see the longer I looked at it. Such an art form! Hopefully it will be around as long as those Roman floors, and the Minoan art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colourful and intricate to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought that perhaps I would do mosaics when I got older. I'm older now but I'm still not doing mosaics. These are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that was amazing!! What a cool experience to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Just WOW! What an incredible place to visit ... Thanks for showing just a little of it to me ... Us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. X wow what a feast!! Love all of them !! Linda sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve been to Smither Park when it was brand new. You’ve made me go back again!!! Barb from Montrose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered why I'd never heard of Smither Park. After a bit of looking around, I discovered it was established in 2013 -- that explains that. It wasn't there when I visited the Orange Show/Beer Can House. I finally realized that the 'no open carry' notice at the beer can house had nothing to do with alcohol. I'd assumed it meant you couldn't take you own beer into the place. Not so much. When I visited, drive-through daquiries still were the thing, and no one was carrying a gun, openly or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing collection of mosaics! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.