Thursday, February 12, 2009

brain block

I’ve been working on the 1/3 scale drawing for the entry doors and side panels for a new chapel for the past week and for the past three days, I have made no progress whatsoever.  If I add something one day, I erase it the next.  I don’t know why I’m having so much trouble.  Maybe it’s the fact that I don’t like to do landscapes and that’s what this is.  Or it could be that I’m having trouble reconciling the scale of each element to the others.  I’m working larger than life size and I’m worried that in the main element, a dogwood tree, I have made the flowers too big which affects everything else.  I put some wild violets at the bottom and then realized, in relation to the dogwood flowers that they would be giants.  Erased them.  I want to put a rabbit nestled in the grass next to the tree trunk, but it makes the rabbit look enormous or else it’s a sapling of a tree.  I’ll probably make the dogwood flowers smaller when I do the full size drawing, but in the meantime, I’m having a hell of a time.


Yesterday I finally just gave up altogether and cleaned up the room where my drawing table is figuring that maybe my brain block was due to the clutter on my drawing table.  I barely had room for the drawing and could not find anything for all the piles of stuff.  Then I started on the living room.  I may not have made any progress on my drawing but at least I got something productive done yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.