Friday, September 12, 2014

wax work and the weekly selfie


As I mentioned, I got my model making stuff out and have been happily sculpting away. When I finish this one, I will have my original series done...3 - 6” x 6” and 12 - 4” x 4”. I still plan to do the 5 extra but I may not wait to send these off to a gallery.


Today is the first full day I've had since I got my tools out that I have had to work on it. Had other chores and stuff up until today. Today it is raining so I am not distracted by the outdoors or by continuing my organizing of the new shop.





Still have a ways to go, adding layers for the center of the flower, finding holes, sealing contact points, shaping, and cleaning it up but It's looking pretty good I think.


11 comments:

  1. really neat! and lucky you for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think, "Oh, Ellen is so much like me," and then I see your artwork and I realize- no, she's an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing. Rather facile camera work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how you make magic but you do and it looks grand! Love your selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love thinking of you "happily sculpting away."

    Beautiful work. Love the selfie! What a cool work apron. And the light is lovely - is it really that gold?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look very content, nice to be back in the saddle again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best selfie award...going back to check how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this post ~ you in your element, doing what you enjoy and totally into the work, which is beautiful by the way. I agree with best selfie award ~ the lighting, the angle, and the contentment of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's cool. Lucky you to be a real artist >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I lived nearer so I could stroll through and see all the beautiful things you create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From what I can tell, given my limited (non-existent) knowledge of the process, it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.