Monday, March 21, 2011

the day after




I slept late this morning and woke up to a quiet empty house. It will probably take me all day to finish putting away the extra pillows, sheets, blankets, sleeping bags; to gather up all the drawings left behind; to put the furniture back in it's proper places; to get my castings and wax models out and to remember just what the hell it was I was doing and trying to accomplish before the dogs and kids came to visit.

Oh, right, I remember.

I'm trying to get these boxes finished. I've not been very good about staying on task, jumping from this piece to that piece to new models while these half or ¾ finished pieces sit here doing me no good at all. We put two box lids in the kiln (one a re-cast) and another foot for one (decided it needed four feet instead of three) before the kids arrived and have yet to see how they came out. I need to remake the feet for the wren box as two of them broke (got knocked off the table). Plus I need to finish the castings for the show that opens next month.

I plan to be diligently busy this week.

As soon as the numbness wears off.


15 comments:

  1. And then you'll want them back again.

    Maybe.

    Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need a nap. I would still be in my PJs.

    Oh wait. I am. heehee

    Have a great week Ellen. Sounds busy but productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numb is a good description for that feeling. Sometimes it lasts for YEARs. Heh. Maybe it's really work avoidance in my case instead of numbness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you! But then sometimes real life does that - drags you away ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is me sending LOTS OF SPRING RUSH to take away the numbness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But 'm sure you enjoyed yourself?
    Wouldn't be worth the trouble otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure every one had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey ellen - i'm glad to meet up with you at the confluence of our streams! i never really thought about the challenge my brother and i presented to my grandparents when we visited them although their surliness becomes more understandable to me now!! i hope the creative energy runs through you like the sap that's going to be running here soon. steven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ellen,
    I had the urge to visit you because after leaving a comment on Reya's post I noticed that you had left an almost identical comment.
    I live in England now, but funnily enough I am from Houston. Maybe I love spring so much because that is Texas's best season.

    There is always an inevitable let-down (and exhaustion) after guests . . . hopefully, your house will be feeling serene and clean again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Numbness can be a good thing :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had all of mine home this last weekend. Oh my, things can be DESTROYED in a matter of minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - so good to have company, but so hard on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I took a look at your slideshow on your site and love the little white birds nest ♥

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You work so hard. I'm really glad to know that sometimes you sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your blog..

    happy week :)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.