Thursday, October 20, 2022

I am not a happy camper


Turns out I was not getting well on Tuesday even though I slept well on Monday night. In some ways I didn't feel any better than the day before. The pain in my face was gone, my nose dried up but I never made it to the grocery store. I went back to bed and took a nap instead. I was a little achy, a little tired, stomach a little funky. Didn't get the leaves spread out either and took another nap in the afternoon and that's very unusual for me, I hardly ever take naps and never two in one day.

Could have taken a third nap but I had to fix dinner instead which was a simple Italian sausage removed from its casing, crumbled, and cooked on the stove with onions and garlic, pre-cooked egg noodles and raw spinach added in til the spinach wilted.

I slept all right the first half of Tuesday night but not so much the second half. Wednesday I felt good enough to be functional. Went to the grocery store, did the dishes, took the dog for a walk finally and she wanted the long walk, though I didn't have the energy to go to yoga. The weather has been really glorious, cool, dry, blue sky days that warm up. So of course I assumed I would feel at least as well today if not better and maybe I would have if I didn't spend four consecutive busy hours filling baskets at SHARE this morning because this afternoon I have done nothing but read and take a little nap and sneeze and blow my nose. I am not getting better. I still don't think it's allergies or a sinus infection since my sinuses haven't hurt since the first day and I can breathe easily or the flu because I think I would be much sicker and it's not covid because I have tested myself three times and it's always negative. So that leaves the common cold and I'm ready to be done with that thank you very much.

My sister brought me orange and yellow marigolds to cheer me up. She's thoughtful like that.



The morning glory bush is blooming. Usually it blooms about twice a year, spring and fall but it didn't bloom this spring. It is now and it's one of my favorites. 




17 comments:

  1. I doubt you caught my cold and you have no one to be angry with except Marc, and he's not the culprit. Is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ellen! This sounds truly unpleasant. It could be the flu though. Fever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are not doing well but if it really is just a common cold you will be better very soon. Here's hoping that's true anyway. Enjoy the flowers, they might lift the mood. As would going outside and gently pottering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The so called common cold is many different viruses, and who knows which one you got. Do you take elderberry for viruses? I do, and it helps. That and attempting to rest, boring as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a cold earlier this year that really knocked me down. Glad you don't have covid and hope you are back to your old self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you start to feel better soon. Please take care there and get well. The marigolds and morning glory flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be well soon. I am enjoying this amazing weather also. Counting my blessings I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colds are so unpleasant- nothing makes you feel better unless it is night time Theraflu...I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like no fun at all. A bad cold can make you feel really miserable. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh - sorry you're not feeling well. My prescription is rest and lots of kleenexes :) P.S. LOVE the pink fluffy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling way. Hope you recover soon. Don't rush it - just baby yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get better! I hate colds, it's disgraceful how bad they make a person feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you begin to feel better soon. In the meantime, naps are your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colds or any respiratory infection are not fun. Rest and fluids is the order of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sounded as wilted as your spinach. I'm glad to see from your next post that things improved. I have a friend who swears a broken bone is better than a serious cold. I don't think she's entirely serious, but these things that drag on and on without any clear end in sight can be boring and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.