Friday, October 22, 2021

no catchy title for not much to say


I don't have much to report. I'm managing an hour, hour and a half at a time working on the new model.

The plumber came out Wednesday and cleared the kitchen sink. I now have the little whirlpool going which I haven't seen in years and yoga class canceled that night as no one was able to come. That may have been my last time to lead the class as Abby might be back next week. While I've sort of enjoyed it, it will be nice to just follow instead of lead.

Robin spent the entire shift with me yesterday at SHARE and it was a good thing since we had the most clients since I've been volunteering there, 27. I would not have been able to keep up without her help. It was foggy when I set out to pick her up Thursday morning, visibility was very poor here but it had started lifting by the time I got to my daughter's house and it's foggy again today.

I had intended to go to San Antonio tomorrow to spend the weekend with Jade but she decided to come here instead to check on her dad and the new baby. She came in last night and stayed with her parents but she's coming here today and spending the weekend with me. I've been lax about my house cleaning so spent a couple of busy hours cleaning both bathrooms, the back bedroom and swept the workroom. Then I did a half assed job dusting the living room/dining room today

The cosmos has finally decided to start blooming and it had gone crazy.

The toad lilies are blooming. I need to move them as the tree canopy has gotten larger and they are leaning out for sun.

So far I've gotten two stunted flowers on the confederate roses but lots of buds. They are late since the arctic freeze knocked them to the ground again after they had already started coming out after the winter.

Jade's here so we're off for the day/weekend.



14 comments:

  1. I've never seen cosmos that color. All I've seen here are white and shades of pink and purple. Yours are spectacular.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they just get tremendously tall, some ar 10' I think at the tip of the tallest flower. I'd be happy is they wouldn't get quite so tall.

      Delete
  2. Have a good weekend with your Jade girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cosmos are also in full bloom but many have already gone to seed and the bees love my toad lilies need to be separated...again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine are late blooming this year from that arctic freeze last February.

      Delete
  4. That cosmos is really beautiful. What a color.
    Enjoy your weekend with Jade. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fog's been thick here, too. It's a sure sign of the changing season. Now, if only we can get that next cold front to linger a bit! Have a great weekend -- I've got a shrimp boil on tap for tomorrow. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? three days was nice but now the humidity is back. at least it's not as hot as it was.

      Delete
  6. Good for Robin getting you through the shift. Good for golden cosmos, wonderful. Have a great weekend with Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had company on that busy shift. Thanks for doing it.
    Yes, glorious color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cosmos are beautiful, your precious Jade even more so I'd wager.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those toad lilies. I'm sure I've told you this, but we planted some here several years ago and they promptly died. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine die back every winter but come back in the spring.

      Delete
  10. Love love love the cosmos! Ours might end up getting that tall someday, but they're being crowded out by the bee balm.

    By happenstance, I also did a half assed job of dusting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.