Sunday, October 17, 2021

it's been a day y'all


As mentioned, the AC was repaired Friday and Saturday morning we turned it off. Our second cool almost cold front came through Friday night and it was downright chilly outside Saturday morning. It warmed up of course and we still wore our t-shirts and shorts. This morning, Sunday, at 8:30 it's 51˚ out there and the house has cooled off and I'm almost ready for a long sleeved shirt but it's going to hit the mid 70s later.

I started the finish work on the trumpet flower piece Saturday, worked on it for about an hour and a half and then we went over to meet the new baby. They came home Friday. She was asleep as new babies almost always are but I picked her up anyway and held her in my lap, petting, stroking, looking at her hands and feet, tugging her onesie down since they always want to migrate up around the neck, adjusting the blanket, cooing at her little faces because her great grandmother kept fussing with her.

Then we came home and I worked on the casting some more. When I ran out of good light I used the little electric mower that my sister gave me after she moved into the new house and has a guy come cut her part of the yard and mowed across the front of the shop.

So today, I finished the new piece and then started pulling up more dewberry brambles and cut and pulled off the virginia creeper that was engulfing the air compressor we don't use anymore and had just quit til it cooled off some when Marc came out to tell me that Sarah had called and needed a ride into the city because our son-in-law had been attacked at work and he was in the emergency room waiting to get stitched up. Mike manages a convenience store/gas station and he had to call the cops last week on the crazy homeless guy that hangs out there because the guy was waving a stick at the customers in an angry manner and today the guy came into the store and attacked Mike and a struggle ensued. The place is trashed, Mike has several cuts that need stitches along with other abrasions and bruises and he's probably going to have at least one black eye and maybe two and because he got woozy talking to the cops, the ambulance techs took him to the emergency room at the nearest hospital. So I went and picked up my daughter but before we got on the highway, their son Mikey the new father, who happened to be in the city on business of his own and was with his dad by this time, called to say he was bringing Mike home to the emergency room here because it would be about a five hour wait before he could be seen in the city. So I took Sarah back home and got more baby time til it was time to take Robin to work.


And here's the finished second trumpet flower piece. Now to get them both framed or otherwise mounted for hanging.





16 comments:

  1. It never rains but what, etc. I hope Mike's recovery is quick and uneventful!
    So tell me, is that a little bundle of joy you have there. You look it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trumpet flower piece is gorgeous! And I LOVE that photo of you and your great gran - so adorable (both of you).

    That's really scary about Mike - I hope he heals from his injuries quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little hands and feet!! The totally blissed out ggma! Very sorry about the attack. Talk about front line worker. I hope he recovers fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow there is so much to comment about here... your beautiful little darling great-grand-daughter, your truly lovely trumpet flower... but the news about your son-in-law is just startling. So wonderful to see you holding that sweet newborn.
    I hope all is okay for Mike. I am so sorry he had to experience such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Mike was able to come home and you got baby snuggles… about those dewberry brambles. I wonder if you could get roots of them and I transplant them! I’ve dreamed of having those in my backyard!!! Love me some dewberries! -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I could. I had them all across the fence in front of where my sister's house is now but all that got cleared out. the problem is that then weeds and other unwanted vines grow in among them.

      Delete
  6. That flower art is so lovely. This medium lends itself to depth and flow.So sorry to read about you SIL. Until we get national mental health care we are all at risk. The stress is getting greater and more people are cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What terrible news about your son-in-law. That's horrible. I hope he's okay.
    And then look at that baby! Ellen, she's just gorgeous and you look so blissed out as we used to say. She's a fine peach of a child!
    That trumpet vine is stunning. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about your son-in-law. Hope he will be all right. New babies are so sweet and cuddly! You are the happy great-grandmother in that photo! I love your trumpet vine flowers - they came out so perfectly - the colors are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it all turns out okay for your son-in-law. That is scary, I am always afraid when I have to call for help. The response time here isn't all that good, so I just yell a lot and act like a crazy woman you don't want to mess with. The baby looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending love to you and your family, especially your son-in-law. There are moments what a baby needs most is the full loving attention of a great grandmother. I will probably think of those beautiful trumpet flowers when I think of your first great grandchild's birth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What magic. The baby is beautiful as if the glass work. I so hope the son in law turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word! That grandbaby is beautiful, and so is the Trumpet Flower piece. Stunningly beautiful! Congratulations! Nothing like the sweet smell of a newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fine photo of you and the babe! That's the most self-satisfied look I've seen in some time -- you, not the baby. I hate hearing about Mike's experience. I'm glad he was able to get back home, and I sure do hope he heals without any complications. It sounds as though it could have been a lot worse, although what he went through's far from good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy photo of you with the sweet new baby. You do amazing things with glass. And. I hope the guy who beat up on Mike is locked up so he doesn't hurt anyone else. Poor Mike and all who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I hope Mike is OK! That's so scary. There are a lot of unstable people running around out there (thanks to completely inadequate mental health care). The new glass piece looks great! And I'm glad you got some new baby time.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.