Tuesday, October 19, 2021

another day in the life


As it turns out my son-in-law's injuries were minor, the three cuts small enough to be glued together so no stitches, no concussion, no broken bones, just bruised and sore. He's at home getting a few paid days off.

I did come up with a solution to the luna moth composition. I decided to remove two leaves and have them float instead of running off each edge, plus I took the stem out, too fiddly. I like it and have started back on the wax model.


Friend Kathy called yesterday to say she and Dick are considering having the open house this year though they won't be turning on their furnace so no glass blowing demonstrations which is what brings in the crowd and our attendance has been not that great for some years now even with the demonstrations because of all the other art/craft shows going on those first weekends in December. But it also means that we can have the other craft artists and artisans. It may just be one weekend or maybe two, nothing is firm yet. Like everyone else, Dick and Kathy want to feel like they have a life again after nearly two years of covid isolation. I doubt I'll have time to get anything else new done since it's already late October but like them, I have plenty of old stuff hanging around.

Yesterday was one of our rare gorgeous fall days, cool, clear, no humidity, an intense blue sky. In fact the last three days have been wonderful but it's already starting to warm up a little today.

I'm still leading the yoga class on Mondays and Wednesdays though last night there were only four of us. Wednesday might be the last time as I think Abby will be back next week. I'm always a little nervous right before but once I get started, I'm fine. And speaking of anxiety, I'm still having some weird dreams but not, thank all the gods, every night and whatever kicked my afib into high gear the month of September and into October has settled down into a mostly steady rhythm with only an occasional short flare.

I did call the plumber Monday but they can't get out here til Wednesday afternoon. Now I'm off to the grocery store and my turn to fix dinner.

Also, here's a gratuitous baby picture
.




13 comments:

  1. That picture says a mountain. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog! They all look worn out. Please post all of the baby pictures you want.
    Glad to hear that the open house may be back on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a narrative of tiredness all round. But peaceful sleep.
    Fun to have an open house to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to know your son-in-law's injuries were minor. It's good that's he's taking a few days off.
    Love that gratuitous baby picture. Cuteness in abundance there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure do like the way the luna moth piece is going. What a close call that was for your son-in-law. Those dear sleeping ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opening up the open house to more exhibitors, and especially sans demonstrations, could make it a decent competitor among this year's shows, and even better in years to come.
    That's a wonderful picture. The dog may be snoring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL here. That baby picture is absolutely priceless!!! Thanks for the chuckle! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to hear your son-in-law's doing well. He may not be doing as well as that baby and the dog, though. What a cool photo -- funny and endearing all at once. I was really glad to hear about the open house. There was a huge benefit for an animal rescue last weekend; they held that one outdoors, and the crowds were big. There was live music, too -- so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo could win a prize! So perfectly showing the family nap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that picture is hilarious. Hope the open house comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what a cute picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the repairs I have had this month have been delayed and they all warn of parts replacement taking more time. Damn those containers just sitting there on the California ports. Glad your son is OK. You must have had your heart in your throat. That is one sweet pic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That right there is the definition of Sweet Cheeks and I will not hear any other. Adorable! Glad the afib is behaving itself! And I love the new wax model!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.