Friday, August 27, 2021

eight drowned feathers and one drowned frond


I picked up the Z-bar hangers Thursday and attached them with silicone and screws. Now just need to sign them, hang them on the wall to photograph, and the box them up.

And here they are, photos aren't that great as all I have is my iPhone camera and I really need a tripod to keep the camera square and plumb and I had to mess around with the color some . 11" x 11" x ¾"



I might have mentioned that there are four big ones so here's the first two (not on metal)


and the five small paperweight size ones, the longest dimension is about 6".

I'm taking a few days off from the studio to take care of some stuff around here that I've been neglecting, yard work mostly, though today Pam and I are going to two estate sales (no treasures were found today and nothing even worth taking pictures of) and I'm making enchiladas for dinner so that will pretty much be my whole day. I'll probably start packing up the pieces early next week after I try for better pictures.



18 comments:

  1. Fabulous art, amazing! I LOVE what you do, as does the world! Stunning pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the art on the wall. It really looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful series that speaks eloquently without words and moves me in a profound way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick before I lose yet another comment, wifi in sbd out.
    So good to see them all finished and together. Where's the gallery they're going to be shown in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. If I had the money I would buy the whole collection. Sadly I'm broke. It's not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh whoah, I love all of these. Wonderful to see the finished art work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really beautiful - stunning in fact

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are entire landscapes in tiny form! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Very impressive! You must feel so proud of your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art continues to amaze me. You have such a gift as well as the technical stuff behind the beauty.
    Thus far the hibiscus has been spared the axe. We're going to cut it back which hopefully will stop the dropping of spent flowers on the deck and into the window well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My God these are beautiful. Absolutely stunning. What are you doing with them again? Exhibiting them? A commission? Selling in your shop? If the latter, do let me know as I would love to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!. At least one of the ones on the aluminum is going to a gallery for their anniversary show. I thought to send both but then I saw that she only wants one piece from 50 different artists so I'm waiting to see which one she wants but the others are available except for the top one in the pic with the five small ones. you can email me a eellenabbott@gmail.com and we can discuss.

      Delete
  12. Just awesome work! Truly! Thanks so much for sharing and I don't think there's anything wrong with your photos. Your work is stunningly beautiful. I can almost hear the ocean as the waves wash onto the shore. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my word. If I had the money, I'd buy the whole group. Even if I didn't have the money I might buy one -- my impulsiveness has gotten me in trouble before. If I were you, I'd be spending some time just sitting around staring at them, amazed that all that work really did work out. They're absolutely gorgeous. It's impossible to pick a favorite; each has its own character

    ReplyDelete
  14. The art pieces are absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.