Saturday, November 7, 2020

finally!



We happened to be watching the news when they finally called it. First thing I did was put out the flag that has been put away since the day Trump was appointed 4 years ago. There is cheering and dancing in the streets all over the nation. Let us enjoy this day, rejoice that we were able to overcome the Republican voter suppression and Trump's attack on the USPS, celebrate our new lightness of being.

But then we have to get back to work because it's not over til Georgia has their run offs for the Senate. It's within our grasp but we cannot get complacent. As much work and determination as we put in to get Biden elected we must also do to get Georgia Democrats elected to the Senate because the Republicans, fearing a Democrat takeover of the Senate, will be pulling out all the stops.

It remains to be seen how Trump will react. Well, we know what his immediate reaction is...stolen election, he won, fraudulent votes, frivolous lawsuits, pinning his hopes on the Supreme Court, tantrums, you know, the usual. But past the immediate response, what will he try to do before January 20
th? He already quietly fired the leaders of three agencies that oversee the nuclear weapons stockpile, electricity and natural gas regulation, and overseas aid while the country was focused on the election. We have survived Trump for the past four years so I guess we can handle two more months.

So enough of politics. I mentioned that I finally put the studio room together and it's ready to use


and you aren't going to believe this but that fucking sink has a leak underneath in the drain pipe from the far right sink to the middle sink, not gushing but a steady drip and yes we did test all the sinks and let the water run long enough for any leak to show itself. Fortunately, I need only not use that section until Rocky can get back over here to fix it.

The other thing I've been doing when I can tear myself away from twitter is building a Square site for selling. I've been wanting to put a shopping cart on my existing website but I don't have the skill or knowledge and can't really afford to have someone build it for me. There are other platforms like Wix where you can build a free website with a shopping cart but I already have a website, have had for decades. Years ago we got a Square account so we could accept credit cards during our annual open house and so now Square has offered this free service. I won't able to link from Square to my website unless I upgrade to a paid version but I can link to the Square site from my website. So that's what I'm doing. I can't include the work at the gallery like on my website but that's OK too. It will give me more incentive to make new work. It took me two days to figure out how to navigate and create the pages and upload the proper images but I think I've got it down now, at least the part I'm working on. Haven't dealt with the details of the shopping cart and check-out yet.

So, happy day! It's been fun seeing and reading about all the spontaneous celebrations.



18 comments:

  1. Are you back in normal sinus rhythm? I've been absurdly emotional about this all day. It's a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the afib comes and goes even on medication but it's been pretty steady since Wednesday. but more than that I feel like a weight has been lifted off.

      Delete
  2. Fab studio!! I love it, I am glad today, you are glad, we all are glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the work still to be done. As well as the rejoicing everywhere! Great day!

    Great studio space too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All over the world there is a celebration today! I am not as naive as I was when Barack Obama was elected. Now I know for sure that the good hard work never ends. Your studio space is a cause for celebration, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just listened to Kamala and Joe speak, and it was as moving and celebratory as anything we've heard in a very long time. They made us feel safe, like there really are adults in the room who plan to take action to protect people and our planet. We are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a new dawn. Normalcy returns to the White House in 74 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We still have a 400-year-old white elephant in the room. Trump 2016, 53% white. Trump 2020, 57% white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your studio looks amazing.
    And hurray for you for working out the Square Space situation. I think that's awesome.
    As to the election...I still feel like it's all a dream and we'll wake up in the nightmare again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The studio looks great! I really think whatever Trump does in the next two months will be easily undone by Biden. I'm just so glad to once again hear articulate, compassionate voices in a leadership role in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good looking studio. What a great sense of relief it must be for you all, and I don't just mean that the studio is all tidy and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh happy day!!! Your studio looks great. What is your website url?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.emstudioglass or you can use the handy link on my sidebar.

      Delete
  12. YES hung my flag up too...hope we can get those seats in the Senate...McConnell is the next one we gotta get rid of,...Had high hopes but Graham somehow survived...I really thought we had him out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like the studio. And I think I'll like it better when it's a bit cluttered.
    It's a damn shame we're still following this election.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel much happier too - although I still have some tension about how the next couple of months will look. And as John said, there is that elephant...

    ReplyDelete
  15. The relief that I and people all over the world felt on Saturday was so exhilarating. Now I worry what the con in chief has planned next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your studio. Lots of room to work on projects!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.