Sunday, July 19, 2020

week 18


Trump is now convinced that EVERYBODY is lying about how bad the virus is, how many people are dying, how horrible the deaths, how horrible the disease even if you don't die. Everybody...the WHO, the CDC, the scientists, the doctors, the nurses...they are all lying to make him look bad and derail his reelection. Well, actually he only retweeted this by Chuck Woolery, an ex game show host but those are some of Donald's favorite people.

----------

I had my first covid related dream, that I remember, early Sunday morning. I was in an indoor space but it was huge and I had arrived there with some other people, family members I think, in someone else's car (this bit is from Friday when Pam and my daughter Sarah and I went to the estate/closed antique store sale on Friday) but once there I was alone and nearby the woman who runs Hesed House was starting some sort of demonstration involving fiber so I went over to watch. She took these clumps of wool I think and rolled them up into snakes and then started picking them apart and then other people came over to watch and crowded together and I realized none of them, myself included, were wearing masks and so I started backing up and turned to go to the car to get my mask and remembered we didn't come in my car and I didn't have a mask and then I started coughing and I was rushing to get outside and pushed through the doors and then I woke up and I was coughing for real and I'm sort of freaking out wondering if I've been infected from all the people I've been around connected with getting this house set up but then it stopped and I've been fine.

----------

An new study by researchers in Europe suggests that corona mortality rates are likely to be lower in countries where diets are rich in fermented vegetables. Significant changes in the microbiome caused by modern life and less fermented food consumption may have increased the spread or severity of the disease, they say.

----------

Trump has ordered all hospitals to stop sending covid-19 data to the CDC and send it to HHS instead and then the next day the CDC website was stripped of it's covid data. It was reinstated after the uproar but will no longer be updated and the app that enabled hospitals to send their data to the CDC was removed so that there would be no way to continue to send the CDC the data. Make no mistake, this is Trump's attempt to control the numbers and he will cook the books to make himself look good to increase his chance of reelection, telling us all that infections and deaths are decreasing when in fact they are still increasing. They give all sorts of reasons like the current system was too slow and cumbersome and that may be, however I do not trust anything that comes out of HHS. 

----------

Trump has ordered the CDC director to ignore the subpoena to testify at the House Education and Labor Committee hearing set for next week on the reopening of schools.

----------

And in Texas our Attorney General has said that religious private schools are exempt from reopening guidelines cause, you know, religious freedom y'all.

----------

Walmart issued a nationwide mandatory mask requirement.

----------

Trump is pushing to eliminate billions of dollars for testing and contact tracing and the CDC from a relief proposal by Senate Republicans.

----------

Coronavirus cases are increasing in 40 states and the US, averaging 65,800 new cases a day last week, and we have more confirmed cases per capita than any other major industrial nation.

----------

Current US statistics as of today 7/19/20, 15:7 GMT (last week's totals in parenthesis): cases – 3,838,389 (3,385,377), deaths – 142,895 (137,620) though how accurate these numbers will be in the future is anybody's guess considering Trump is trying to control the numbers.


Turns out I forgot another white flower in the yard (see the previous post). It's a type of gardenia, I think, but it grows into a very large shrub and the leaves are big, almost 8” long and the flowers are on a bloom stalk. I thought it was called star of India but I googled that and did not see my plant so I don't know exactly what it is.





11 comments:

  1. All this and secret police too. Glad you’re healthy and that the coughing was nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety dream, oh my! Glad that you woke up- though through your telling of it I am feeling like I can't breathe. Dang woman, that was a slap you silly kind of dream! The little gardenia is a pretty girl and i bet she smells like a million bucks! Carry on, ignore the orange turdness if that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same sort of dreams- suddenly realizing that no one is using safe practices. Ugh.
    This whole thing about not sending information to the CDC scares me as much as anything. If there’s one thing that Trump has taught us it’s that the checks and balances of our government do not work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see the US numbers, I could freak out. Please take care!

    When I saw the bit where tarumpf said that Europe was not testing, I almost spat out my tea. There is a debate here right now about too much testing, seriously (the federal state of Bavaria is offering every citizen a free test anytime, once or twice, and some scientists claim it will lead to confusing results without much merit).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should just call it Star of India. That's a good name!

    Apparently Chuck Woolery's kid wound up getting Covid and Woolery deleted his Twitter account as a result: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/507663-chuck-woolery-deletes-twitter-account-after-announcing-his-son-has-coronavirus

    (Sorry about the long link)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't all of this just seem BIZARRE? The whole thing - Trump getting elected & behaving like a dictator, COVID, white flowers on stalks (just kidding about the white flowers). Sometimes I wonder if THIS is the dream (nightmare) and my time asleep is the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen, Been wanting to let you know that the plants you sent last year (Mexican Petunia) are doing great and I am so pleased I didn't kill them. I don't know how you do all you do; you must be only about 25y.o.! The last white flower you showed us looks exactly like a dianthus, carnation. Flower, buds, leaves but Ive not heard of one growing like a bush. Don't work too hard in this heat. Everything that comes out of the orange one in diapers' mouth is a stupidism and I don't know why I continue to read about it. I keep thinking that soon everyone will realize what he is and he will be shut up somehow. Ha. Saddens and surprises me that there are so many people that follow him. How did that happen? Have a great week and don't work too hard. Shelagh in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's doing well! and I continue to enjoy the zinnias you sent me. saved the seeds from last year and they are blooming well!

      the flower is definitely not a dianthus or carnation. pretty sure it's a type of gardenia.

      Delete
  8. I wonder how we will get out of this one, Ollie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Stan. just try to avoid getting sick til they come up with a vaccine I guess.

      Delete
  9. I will have to go back and see if you posted on the house. I have not been reading blogs and need to catch up! Drumpf is a disaster on all fronts and his cult followers in the White House and Congress are as dangerous as snakes in the grass.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.