Sunday, December 29, 2019

Marcmas and a mini Granny Camp


Christmas day was quiet as always as was the day after. This little town basically rolls up the sidewalks. Friday though was Marc's birthday, Marcmas as it's known around here and no, nothing is sacred. We went to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and as true Star Wars fans we liked it. It was a great end to the saga. We went to see the first one when our daughter was 6 weeks old. We sat in the last row so I could easily slip into the lobby if she got scared from the noise or started crying but no, she didn't utter a peep through the whole thing being the good baby she was. We were going to do some shopping as long as we were in shopping mecca but Sarah was bringing grandgirl Autumn out to spend a few days for a mini Granny Camp so we put off the shopping til my sister gets back.

Autumn and I went over to take care of the Demon Duo yesterday before browsing through the only two shops left worth poking through. I was sitting on the floor waiting for the cats to come get some attention and raised my device to take a pic of Daryl when...

Minnie photobombed the cat

Later when Autumn and I had given the cats all the attention they wanted at the moment, Daryl got up and went out into the garage through the pet door and Zack had moved on to the couch cushion to look out the window when Daryl came back in and went straight to the kitchen. We got up to leave and I went into the kitchen to give Daryl one last petting and this is what I found...


Yay cats!

Neither of us found anything special at the first shop though I did take a picture of some really awful earrings someone crafted out of badly painted sea shells


but at the second shop I did find an old glass drawer pull sans the bolts but I can replace those.


That's six I've managed to find over the years. I'm slowly replacing the drawer and cabinet pulls as I really don't like the ones that came with the house that stick out on the sides and get caught in my pants pockets. They don't all have to be antique glass, just something I like so I also found this one at the same place. 


There were two of them so I think I'll go back today and get the other one as well. JT's is a huge shop crammed full of stuff, trash and treasure. 



I've found some really cool stuff there over the years. It used to be just a nightmare of stuff piled helter skelter but they have been cleaning it up and organizing it somewhat over the last couple of years,



 and yes, this  is organized.

And now Autumn and I are headed to the movie to see Jumanji: the Next Level and tomorrow I'm driving her back to Austin.




13 comments:

  1. OMG! I hate when they bring in mice. That place looks like a trashy treasure shop. There was one like that down town here but it didn't last long. Be careful driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thrift store makes my heart pound. The possibilities!
    Good kitty indeed.
    Glad you got to have a little Granny Camp. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the glass pull is a beauty, how did you ever find it in all of that detritus . what a fright! dog photo made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the store. I like places like that, there is one in the Seattle area, where I bought my giant ceramic chicken. Was the rodent dead, or did you have to finish it off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend several days of a week in that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thrift store, you have to hunt for treasures, but it is worth it! My cat decapitates his prey and leaves it in the back yard for the dogs. I have to police that area and dispose of his leavings … yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I would love to visit that store. But probably best not. I would end up with too much stuff.
    A complete rodent is definitely a better outcome than bits and innnards along the hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Minnie's photobomb - hilarious! When I was very small I found a dead mouse & carried it around in my pocket for a day because I liked how soft it was. I am no longer little & would probably have freaked out a bit when I saw this mouse. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why Minnie's photobomb amused me so, but it did. I laughed at that one. When I had my Dixie Rose, even though she was an indoor cat, the instinct was strong. She'd eat the tails off her little fur mousies, then take the carcass into the bathroom and "drown" it in her water bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG -- that store looks like a lot of fun. I could spend hours in places like that. Those earrings ARE awful, but I feel kind of bad for whoever's making them, hoping they will sell.

    Minnie is hilarious -- she clearly wanted your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that store - I tend to dislike order. The only thing that moves on Slimmie the cat when he hears mouse noises is an eyelid. It then snaps shut.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.