Saturday, December 21, 2019

baby, it's cold outside reprise


Yesterday, Friday, the only thing I accomplished was going over to my sister's house and tending to the Demon Duo. 


It was cold and wet and overcast and anyone who's been reading me for any length of time knows what that means. Today wasn't much better, still cold and overcast but not drippy though I did manage a quick trip to the grocery store as well as tending to the cats. Potato leek soup is on the schedule for tomorrow. It was originally planned for about a month ago but then I got busy and the weather warmed up and the potatoes got eaten, the chicken broth and half & half got used, and the leeks went on the compost pile so I had to replenish my ingredients.

I finally notified the gallery that they would not be getting the heron box but that I had another piece that I thought would be suitable and they were happy for my sale and will take the substitute so I've been trying to get all the requested info...images, bio, artist statement, resume...updated and sent for that and another exhibition of pate de verre that I've been invited to participate in. That one is also in February so I'll be packing up the work and getting it sent off to it's separate destinations in January.

Meanwhile we're well into that period of time I refer to as the 'lost days' so called because everything seems to get put on hold for the last two weeks of the year what with all the holidays squeezed in. Back before we retired from the etched glass we would always just close til after the new year.

Well, that's all I've got. Haven't been able to wake up it seems since last Wednesday when I had to get up at 5 AM so I think I'll creep back under my blanket in front of the space heater on the couch with my book.




9 comments:

  1. and that is what we are intended to do in winter, snuggle up and read by candle light, eat potatoes , drink tea. Happy warm cosy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD wonder what you did with the other lady you refer to as "your mom" and assure them "will be back." From their expressions, I'd say you are not extremely convincing. Enjoy the solstice for all its worth. One extra minute of light daily is nothing to complain of.
    Pardon the delete. DD did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect solution to the weather. We have been bitterly cold here where I hibernate most days. Heading up for an 80th B-Day party in the city for my daughter's father-in-law. Potato soup sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're the opposite now- rain and not cold.
    These ARE the dead days. Time to stay cozy, make soup, read a book.
    Restore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weather is so messed up. Yesterday was semi cold and wet. Today is cold in the 30s when I woke up and will be in the 60s later today. It's perfect today for baking cookies and bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soup is making me hungry.
    Your "lost days" are our "in between days". Same difference.
    Much too warm here. Dawn chorus before solstice. Roses in full flowering mode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so weird for me - this year for the first time in forever I'm working Christmas week. We usually would take the week off between Christmas & New Year because we were traveling to NC. I'm working today and Friday. I have a feeling I won't be very productive (as is evidenced by the fact that I'm reading blogs at work even now - ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potato leek soup -- that is a GREAT idea. Dave was just telling me yesterday he bought too many potatoes and leeks. Problem solved! (Oh, actually they were shallots, not leeks -- but I bet they'd work!)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.