Tuesday, December 24, 2019

hard to know sometimes which is the real reality


I was having one of those dreams yesterday morning where you are sleeping and someone comes in to see why you are still sleeping and you're trying to wake up and get up but can't get your eyes open and when you finally do get them open a crack you're struggling keep them open. Finally I was awake in the dream and I was at some sort of retreat or some place and it was the last day and time to leave and we were responsible for cleaning the room and doing the dishes and my two roommates had already left leaving me to do all the clean up but there weren't even any towels to dry the dishes. There were other people in the room though I don't know what they were doing so I finally just shrugged and got my bag and left. I thought I still had most the day to explore but I wanted to check on my flight home, find out when the bus to the airport left and what time I had to be there. I was walking down a long hallway, someone had given directions to the lounge but I passed the intersecting hallway and some guy walked me back and to the lounge and left me there. I was kind of confused and getting anxious because I couldn't find out about the bus and I was afraid of missing my flight so I thought I could just check my ticket but when I pulled it out it was all gummy and I couldn't pull the pages apart and then I started waking up for real and was having trouble pulling out of the dream and opening my eyes. I had to lay there and tell myself this was a dream and I needed to disengage from it. Finally I was able to wake up and open my eyes. Weird. What the hell was that all about?!

----------

There's a gray cat that comes to drink out of the turtle pond in the mornings. I've seen it several times now. It leaps up on the top rail of the chain link fence and then to the rim of the pond. I'll let Emma out and she will saunter over and the gray cat will move behind the dead stalks of the lizard tail (water plant) as if Emma can't see it. Eventually when it feels it's safe it will leap back up on the top rail of the fence and down and runs across the yard. Not sure if this is a feral cat, it looks well fed and healthy, or belongs to a neighbor.

The last two days have been sunny and warming, upper 60s, til the sun goes down anyway. Today is really nice too. I need to get my purple poppy seeds in today since I should have gotten them in last month and the red ones already have a good set of true leaves. We have our full winter landscape and while I usually leave most of the dead foliage til spring to clean up, I am cutting down the dead and brown ginger stalks.


I'm still tending to the Demon Duo every day. Minnie does not care for me playing with the cats.


Well, it's christmas eve for those who celebrate and so to those I say have a wonderful day today and tomorrow.




9 comments:

  1. OMG! I've had dreams similar to that where you have to do all the work but can't complete the task and then when you want to wake up you can't and then it becomes a lucid dream of hearing things and they are incorporated into the dream. It's scary. Minnie is so sweet. Those big brown eyes are so disarming. That picture made me think she was saying,"okay mom, what's with you leaving me and then coming home smelling like a cat?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh she goes with me and when she can't stand it she'll jump in the middle which scatters the cats and then she gets in my face and just looks at me.

      Delete
    2. It is only letting me "reply" and not post an original. Oh well, I have not much important to say except I hate those intense dreams!!

      Delete
  2. I've had those dreams too. Usually when I have them and I can't open my eyes or wake up, I'm driving a car which even in dreamland I realize is not something I should be doing.
    It's horrible.
    The other night I dreamed I was back at the Opera House in Monticello, doing a little acting again and I was loving it and I was talking to my friend Jan and then I thought, "This is a dream. Jan is dead."
    Which she is. It was so sad.
    Having a bumpy Christmas Eve day here today. I'll just be glad when this is all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cat sitting for a friend, and for two days I wouldn't have known the creature was alive, had its food not been disappearing. I finally found her hiding in a closet today, and gave her a catnip mouse and some treats. We'll see how things go tomorrow.



























































































































































































































































































































































    ReplyDelete
  4. Reality? Totally overrated. You keep an eye out for that grey cat, could be real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a dream where the world disappeared, or it was veiled behind some gelatinous mist of some kind. We were given a quiz question so that we could get back into the real world. The answer to my question was Derek Jeter. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, Minnie is hilarious. That look!

    I've been debating whether to clean up our dead winter stalks. I've left them so far, because supposedly insects can overwinter inside the stems and curled foliage. But how long am I supposed to leave them before the bugs emerge again? I don't want to have to wait for warm weather!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.