Wednesday, April 8, 2015

pinks and reds


evening primrose

evening primrose

poppy; this frilly version was a surprise, part of some seeds I got from another garden club member

poppy; one pink amidst the red

poppy

 gerber daisy

 larkspur

 rose

 rose

red lily; this is invasive but that's what I like about it, a carpet of little red lilies in spring. this is a new clump and I hope it spreads nicely like it is in another part of the yard.

 red lily

amaryllis; these are new to my garden this year, also acquired through a member of the garden club.


next: blues and purples






9 comments:

  1. OK, not planted anything yet and now I want poppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the evening primrose. really love the poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need some red lilies to join my blue iris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, like your red lilies, I'm happy to let those invasive species have their way with my yard when they're that pretty.
    My favorite photo? By far, the fifth one down of the poppies. Stunning. Your photography skills are remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a black thumb and can't grow much, but I sure do appreciate the flowers of those who know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poppies have made me moan! They are sooo deliciously red. Love all of them, of course, but the reds... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow!!! Y'all bloomed quickly! WOW! all are glorious, so beautiful Poppies have always been my favorite, but they certainly have a lot of competition there! Tough call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite! I love pinks & reds... and poppies are just about my favorite flower ever...

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.