Sunday, April 12, 2015

blues and purples


Two days of rain, including some hard showers, and the roof did not leak! Well, it didn't leak in the areas that I worked on. There is still one small section on the opposite long wall that I haven't got to yet but it's between the two bay doors and much less of a nuisance.

So here's my last spring flowers post...blues and purples. I took these pictures mostly over about a three week period while some were waning, some in full bloom, and some waxing.


 poppy

 baby blue eyes

 bletilla / ground orchid – I moved some of these around the yard last spring from the one large clump that always gets frost bitten. This little patch on the north side of a tree was apparently protected and it's the first time in years that I got a decent bloom from them.

 bluebonnets

 bluebonnets – several plants that came up in the old burn pile bloomed this very pale lavender

 rocket larkspur

 spiderwort

 spiderwort

 winecup

wisteria

 wisteria

 verbena

 mini-gladiolas – these probably should have been with the pinks and reds post but the weren't blooming yet

 mini-gladiolas





11 comments:

  1. Spiderwort! I just learned from Ms. Moon's blog that that's the name of that plant. I don't know why I never knew that. (Or if I did know, I forgot.)

    Beautiful flowers, as always! Your yard must be incredble seen in its totality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steve- how glorious it all is!
    And congratulations on the leak-proofing work! I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Baby Blue Eyes the best. I also like Cosmos. Must try them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two new faves from this post, spiderwrot and wine cup, so pretty!
    such soft color, yes, and well done, MS, the roof top, you are a champion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a bevy of beauty, again! love the pale bluebonnets. :) the spiderwort is going nuts in my neighbor's pasture this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just traveled to the bottom of North Carolina and back. How lovely to see so much in bloom. Of course I could not pick out all the flowers in back yards (let alone know their names), but the blossoming trees were a joy. So was all the wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature's diversity never fails to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must smell really good in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blooms. I am just getting my garden tilled and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some beautiful flowers for sure.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  11. I changed my mind - THESE are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.