Tuesday, February 17, 2015

flip flop



Winter is back, overcast and damp though the sun, if it doesn't come out exactly, brightens periodically. It was cold and wet yesterday too so I straightened up the in-house workroom. I still have those four molds to fill but still don't feel like going over to the cold gloomy shop. Instead I'm working on some compositional sketches for a window that will eventually go in a master bath in Wyoming as part of the shower. Nice people who live down here in the winter and up there in the summer. So I'm dicking around with the photos he sent me of their cabin with the mountains in the distance. They want the log cabin and that specific skyline and treeline. You'd think it would be easy, them being so specific and all but the perspective in the photos shows the peak of the cabin's roof competing with the peaks of the mountains behind and I've got 30” of vertical space to fill. I gotta wonder, why they want the view they see outside on the glass in their shower. Unless I'm wrong about which house it's going in.

I also have to prepare for my meeting tomorrow with the architect. We have a busy day tomorrow since we are taking a window that we completed this fall to the company that is going to crate it and ship it to the recipient in East Texas as well as my meeting and the plan is to get the materials we need to build at least one of our new raised beds for the garden since it's already planting time!

Plus, I've been binging on Walking Dead. One of the TV channels has become the Walking Dead/Breaking Bad channel as it seems that's nearly all they show, one marathon after another. Anyway, I don't, as a rule, watch much television; too many commercials and Marc channel surfs. Just when I get interested in something, he changes the channel. So I don't direct my attention to it when it's on. But Walking Dead has been on enough the last three months that I have seen enough interspersed here and there to want to know the whole story...who's that and how did they get there and what happened to that other guy. So now I'm trying to get caught up.

Well, it has cleared up here now in the late afternoon and the birds are singing and the squirrel is doing acrobatics to gnaw on the piece of driftwood that the oyster shells dangle from, but it's still cold and will get colder tonight, maybe down to freezing. Maybe this will be our last freeze. It's possible. But then it's also possible to have a late hard freeze in March like we did last year.




11 comments:

  1. yesterday we had rain, then wind, then dropping temps and gloom. overnight we froze. now it is 51 and the sun is shining. if my sinuses manage this, it'll be a miracle. :) tomorrow we're back to 60s. time to plant the rest of those rain tree seeds, i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supposed to get down in the teens here on Thursday. Fuckity fuck fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Portland it's cloud free and the light is wonderful, even if there is a chilly breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, just an odd suggestion, you can send the folks a sketch or two of parts of the pictures that you think would be nice in the shower? Sometimes when we see things with the artist's eye we get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have work to stay in from the cold for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the artist , you can place the cabin any old where because...talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think winter is here for a long time.It is -21 wind chill right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had surprise snow this morning. So glad I'd already decided to work from home today. This means that MAYBE I'll go into the office on Friday. I'm getting a little spoiled here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been miserably cold here, for the most part. I am so ready for spring.

    And I like Tabor's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are doing quite a lot of work. That’s good, isn’t it?

    Excellent idea to binge on a show on TV. So much better than watch it in weekly instalments. I’ve usually forgotten what I saw last week by the time the new episode comes round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see what you mean about the cabin roof competing with the mountains. Complicated!

    We're supposed to freeze here in Tampa tonight. I hate freezes. They're so depressing.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.