Tuesday, December 31, 2013

year end



It's New Year's Eve and I'm sitting on the couch with two of my grandgirls and the third is in another chair next to us. We're watching transformers on TV. Well, they are watching Transformers. I was shelling pecans but I lost interest quickly.

The grandboy and his friend are watching TV in my workroom. Sometimes TV and sometimes X-Box.

It's cold outside and dark and we have a lot of fireworks to set off later. No one seems in a big hurry and dinner is being prepared.

After offering them only either oatmeal or cold cereal the past two mornings, I have a big breakfast planned for tomorrow...eggs, bacon, and blueberry pecan pancakes.

Yesterday I made a huge bowl of tuna salad, today it is gone and I had to go buy some lunch meat.

Our sleep and wake cycles are off. There has been a Breaking Bad marathon on the TV, every episode in order. The better half of the last three days has been devoted to watching.  In the end, last night, we had to stay up til 2:30 to see what became of Jesse and Walt.

Today I restrung a favorite wind chime that has been awaiting mending for years.

This has been a good last day to a good year. This has been a good year.



6 comments:

  1. i am glad. and glad you have your grands with you to usher it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to wave goodbye to 2013 and welcome 2014. Happy New Year to you and your grands. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to put cooked bacon in those cakes sometimes. Sounds good, made buckwheat cakes with blueberries yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to put cooked bacon in those cakes sometimes. Sounds good, made buckwheat cakes with blueberries yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice end. I have nice memories of those sorts of marathons with my mom. And happy new year. I believe it comes by you in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing a chore that has been lingering for ages seems like a good way to kick off a new year! Happy New Year, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.