Sunday, February 7, 2021

just a couple of lazy days


Thursday was my morning at SHARE. It was a slow day, maybe 7 or 8 people came in for food, it was so slow I even organized the soup cans on the top shelf of my station. There are two food drives going on in town, one by the Boy Scouts and one by one of the churches. The Scouts dropped their food off Saturday, something like 1,200 pounds of canned and non-perishable goods. OK, I'm not sure it was 1,200 pounds but it was a lot. Carol called on Saturday afterwards and asked if I could come in Monday to help sort and organize since a lot of it will go in my station. So, yes, of course.

I took this picture off the Wharton Chat FB page. See all those boxes and bags on the table and the floor? That's not even all of it. There's another table behind them. Now all we need is hungry people.

Friday Pam and I went to an estate sale. We used to go on Thursday mornings when they start but then I started volunteering at SHARE. Actually when I started, it was on Saturdays while they were closed because of the pandemic. Anyway, when we were working at the antique store we would go on Fridays but when Pam dropped her Thursday at the store we started going then. This one was no great shakes, a large collection of porcelain flower sculptures which no one seemed interested in. We made one circuit through the house and left empty handed. The day was cold, overcast, and damp and I spent the rest of the day on the couch reading trying to get warm. Wouldn't even walk the dog. Pretty much spent Saturday the same way though I did walk the dog.

I finally started a new drawing 

but I'm hampered by omg she's going to talk about her health problems again my right wrist. I think it's my right wrist. I mentioned that at the tail end of the weird rash I couldn't make a fist without pain, well the rash went away but the pain didn't. It would loosen up during the course of the day but some nerve kept zinging me and my fingers would feel numbish. Marc said it looked swollen so for the past two days I've been trying to stay off the computer, off the keyboard, off the hand, using my left hand as much as possible. Anyway, I couldn't draw for more than about 10 minutes at a time great, just great...I'm going blind and losing the use of my right hand so last night I dug out the old wrist splint which of course was for the left hand but I put it on anyway backwards as it was and the hand immediately felt better so I'm headed out today to get a right handed splint.

Which I did.

Sunny day today but low 60˚s and breezy and while there is much to do outside, I don't feel like doing any of it. I did the piled up dishes earlier but I think I'll spend the rest of the day like I did the last two, drowsing over my book.

And I need to fill the bird feeders again. I need to get some different seed with less sunflower seeds for the cylindrical bird feeder that I repaired because the sunflower seeds don't flow easily and it gets stopped up.

Which I did, fill them, not get different seed. And as the wind had died down I also got out there and dug up a cart full of sow thistle. 

But now I really am going to drowse over my book. 



15 comments:

  1. Could you have had shingles? Probably not. Was any of the rash on your chest or back?
    Good Lord. Let's stop having these rashes and pains and eye problems and teeth problems, okay? At least we probably won't die from covid, will we?
    I've been lazy too. It's okay. Somehow the world still spins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no wonder you and Ms. Moon get rashes and aches and pains, etc. - neither of you seem to be able to sit still and be lazy! Busy in the yard, busy with the birds, I feel so guilty when I read what you guys are doing in a day as I do not accomplish that much. Just teasing, you know!
    Hope the splint helps and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I spent a weekend hauling buckets of rock, buckets of weeds, buckets of heavy stuff, my right hand swelled up significantly. The wrist brace really helped. I hope it will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that yesterday, drowse over things. Annoying. So today I slept in. I'm so awake tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting that you had numbness and pain so soon after the rash. I wonder if it WAS shingles of some kind. Super-weird! That's a bummer about the estate sale. I always feel bad hearing about sales where nobody wants the stuff. Someone was probably really proud of their porcelain flower collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is sow thistle? What are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sow thistly is a spring weed that will get 4 - 5 feet tall with small ugly flowers and will seed all over the place. I'm currently reading a murder mystery, The Suicide House by Charlie Donlea.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm, what was that rash. Hope the splint does its magic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I would drowse over my book, but instead I play a game on my iPad & check Instagram every couple of hours. I might need to go cold turkey on both of those!

    I wondered about shingles too, but probably not. I do know that the little patch I had on the inside of my knee seems to have affected the nerve endings. I can't really feel anything when I touch there. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry to hear that you have several health problems. Here’s wishing you luck that they will either disappear completely or become totally manageable.
    Good of you to volunteer at the food store; there are too many people going hungry. Our food banks (that’s what they are called here) find more and more people to feed, incomes are much reduced and State funds shrink all the time.

    It’s a good thing to doze over a book, even better, as far as I am concerned, if the book is gripping enough to have me enthralled, forgetting the woes of the world and being unable to put it down until it’s finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you not consider a fresh blood test incl. IgG and inflammation markers just to rule out any weird infection?bAlso, rest sounds like a good idea but I think your idea of resat differs from mine.
    Anyway, hope your aches and itches are on the way out and wrist is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dermatologist might suggest it when I see her again next Monday.

      Delete
  11. I always come here for a day of exercise! Now I will go drouse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you seem to be healing up, and I'm even more glad you have an appointment with a dermatologist scheduled. I've got an appointment scheduled for next Monday for my mystery whatever. It seems to be clearing up, but I managed to snag an appt. w/the good dermatologist I've seen before, and I'll feel better if she confirms what the nurse-practictioner said.

    I laughed at your sow thistle. I have some photos of a fasciated one I found. It really was odd -- so odd that it caught my eye when I was driving.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.