Friday, March 1, 2019

I'm sick of it, I tells ya, sick of it


No, not politics though I am sick of that too.

It did not rain Wednesday as predicted and it even partially cleared up around 5 PM but of course it didn't stay that way and we got another 3/4” of rain yesterday and today I woke up to the usual overcast, fog, and drizzle. The forecast for the next 6 days is for fog and rain, rain, overcast and maybe more rain, and then two days of partly sunny if we're lucky before, you guessed it, overcast. Sigh. If I didn't know better I'd think I'd moved to the PNW*.

Yesterday I was halfway to my sister's house for our regular Thursday outing, in the rain (what a concept!), when she called...

You sure you want to go today? (it had started raining harder)

Not really and I'm wondering if it's raining in Bay City.

I'm OK with not going, driver gets to decide.

(since I'm the driver this day) OK, we'll go tomorrow. And I turned around and went back home.

But today we did go and we both found some things. I got another shepherd's crook ($2),


taller than my other one I thought and will raise the bird feeder up enough for me to see it out the window (above the patterned glass lower panes) where I sit. Well, it is taller but not quite enough. Another couple of inches would have been better though I suppose I could raise the seat of my chair some. Also 6 mother of pearl buttons ($1)...


and this quilt/bedspread (not handmade) with 2 pillow shams ($10) though I won't use the pillow shams, not my style, and I'm not really sure why I bought it at all since I certainly don't need it.


The husband comes home tomorrow late afternoon. I had all kinds of plans to get things done while he was gone either outside, weather permitting hahahahahaha, or inside like have a kiln shelf full of modeling glass ready to be fired and/or the drowned feather mold filled and ready to be fired. hahahahahahaha I just kill me

I did get the wind chimes repaired and put back out and since two of them hang over at the shop I discovered that the storm with the wind and torrential rain totally cratered the small raised metal bed so I guess I am setting up the other white one and transferring all the dirt,


and I did get the mold trimmed and cleaned up and ready


but that's about it. Don't ask me what I did do all week beyond Sunday because I'd be at a loss to tell you. Oh! I swept the floor in my studio room and used a wet towel to 'mop' the floor between the door to the garage and the door to the kitchen, not the whole floor mind you, just the traffic pattern part because...me, I hung two pictures one of which was a needlepoint of poppies that my aunt did, 


and then there was the whole day it took me to rewrite 392 words. So, yeah, a whole week flew by.


* Pacific NorthWest






14 comments:

  1. Yep. Here's what's funny- both of us think that we're not doing a damn thing and yet...both of us are staying pretty damn busy.
    Those buttons! I love them! I have quite a few that look exactly like the one on the bottom left. They must have been very popular. You know I would have bought them in a heartbeat. And the quilt? Oh hell yes.
    Shams included. I have some pillow shams that I use in my guest room on pillows I bought at Goodwill. They look pretty. No one is expected to use them but every time I walk through the room they bring me some pleasure so they are well worth it. You'll find a use for that quilt. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wait there's more! Yes, we are going to have cold for at least a couple of days before the weather gets back to warm and most likely wet. The weeds are taking over too. Yeah, I know how it is. The needlepoint of poppies is very pretty and the buttons are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this has been a banner year for the weeds. our yard grew chickweed on steroids.

      Delete
  3. You and Mary Moon might be the most consistently industrious people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your current weather pattern is why we had to leave the PNW. Nine months a year of that became more than we could endure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that needlework. I had a aunt who did them and I drew a lot for her. IA used to make buttons from fresh water clam shells

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the busiest person I know...I managed to make bread and wash dishes , call it a day. Up here in the PNW the sun has been out for three days, cold very cold, but the SUN!!! It is glorious...for about twenty minutes. The lack of sunshine up here contributes to diseases MS, TB and melanoma, highest in the nation. All due to lack of sunshine which seems ironic as Melanoma goes until it is realized that people are so pale during the long winters that when the sun come out, we all burn like fat on the grill! Also there is high incidence of Lou Gherig's disease, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On my first flick through I thought the feather was a little finished piece of art. Don't ask. We have another snowstorm forecast to begin tomorrow night. It's the weather that is the first layer of oppression. Then the yellow headed prez. Then the senate. This can end. I am concerned about Cohen's dissertation there will be war, not a peaceful transition of power in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'the first layer of oppression' yep. re transition of power, I don't see the army or Secret Service backing him if he loses. or even Republicans, for all they support him now. his MAGAts are all talk and no action.

      Delete
  8. Guess what? The fog's rolled in again. Yee-haw. It finally penetrated my thick skull that the reason the fog's been so widespread is all the darned rain. It's common to have late winter fog here on the water, but this year there are so many fields and etc holding water that even inland areas are getting "sea" fog. Ah, well. I think there's rain tomorrow, and then a cold front. If the cold means sunshine, bring it on, sez me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. the sun peeped out for about 10 minutes before it set this evening. I went out to be in it it's such a rare sight these days.

      Delete
  9. Seriously, you have done a lot. Being busy is such an underrated characteristic. But it holds up the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like you got a lot done, in spite of yourself. Here, it's the endless cold that is getting me down. I am just so over it.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.