Thursday, February 14, 2019

sproing!


Spring is busting out all over. The pear and peach trees are in full bloom as are the japanese magnolias, new growth sprouting on everything. Even my little confused peach tree has finally gotten with the program and has half a dozen flower buds coming on in the right season. Tuesday the sun did come out and it was a cloudless day Wednesday. I got out there Tuesday and started pruning stuff back, cut the confederate roses and the morning glory bushes back to the ground because if I don't, by fall they'll be 20' tall, started cutting the roses back and did some weeding. So much to be done out there it was hard not to get distracted and jump from chore to chore. Dug up the rest of the sow thistle and gathered up all the prunings yesterday and Marc mowed so the wild field of wildflowers is shorn. 


fleabane


my peas are blooming


jasmine






10 comments:

  1. We are right behind you. My Japanese magnolia is blooming, my Buckeye is about to bloom, the azaleas are ready. Your peas make me feel terrible. I haven't even gotten mine in the ground. What is WRONG with me these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Tucson, we're waiting to see if we have one more freeze before we can cut back the frost damaged plants. It's been a cold wet winter, which is weird. The rain was good, but the freezes not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. You could make me want to live in Texas in the spring. But, I won't. so keep the pictures coming. They are so hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know spring is inching its way east. As in snail's pace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are under ice, your photos are from another world, maybe another galaxy far away... Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean -- it's getting busier here too, getting ready for spring! (You're ahead of us, obviously.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are of course weeks ahead of us. But at least the crocus are out here. Thanks for these wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found some Indian paintbrush and spiderwort last Sunday -- not a lot, but some. I went back and checked my archives, and mid-February has been the time for both. What feels early isn't, so much, especially with these days of real sunshine we've had. It feels like the whole town's covered in buttercups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. It is still deep winter in NYC.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.