Tuesday, June 30, 2020

a house is coming, some gardening, and more of the Trump shitshow


but no pictures.

Yesterday I called John the septic/pad guy to come out and look at the pad since that 6 1/2” of rain we got created 3 deep runnels leading from the center to the edge and the whole thing sort of puddled out a bit but was for the most part still solid. Anyway, John wanted to give it another day to dry out and he would return today to fill in those spots (done). Then I emailed Jerry the house guy with the update and asked if he had a delivery day yet. He emailed back...Wednesday! Like tomorrow peeps. All of a sudden, it's getting' real. So of course I started second guessing myself; did we pick the best spot, maybe we should have placed the house perpendicular to the front fence facing across the property (like several people thought because of the fence clearing project), maybe we should have moved it back another 10' or so from where it will sit. Now with the house on it's way it's looking awfully close to the front fence though it's almost 30' away. At any rate, it's too late now, the house is going where the pad is. And it will be fine, I know it will be fine. As with the 40' container the bitch put on her property 4' from mine, it will just be getting used to the new view, not that the view now is all that great, just basically empty land back to the overgrown back fence, not that we can see much of it anyway out our windows what with the yew tree on the corner of the house and the red tip photinias across the front yard.

And speaking of the shop, Rocky is getting very close to being done with the room and half bath buildout over there.

Now that the rain is done and the Sahara dust has dissipated (somewhat anyway, mostly overcast with pale blue sky showing), it is hot and humid out there. So hot and humid that I can be standing still in the shade and in no time I am dripping sweat. We've had mosquitos but they were the little black ones that you never feel a thing when they bite, only knowing when you happened to see one sucking your life blood. Out there today are the big aggressive black ones and you know when they bite. Today I was over at the shop yard cutting down all the hackberry trees that had sprung up around, under, and in between the trucks.

Sunday was mild enough that I worked out in my yard most of the day getting all the little things I have bought over the last couple of weeks, but not planted, in the ground like the two surviving periwinkles that didn't get planted before (there were four but two of them couldn't hold out long enough), the four moss rose (two of which may not survive), the two rudbeckias that were horribly potbound (that's a big problem with stuff at Caldwell's Nursery), moved a purple coneflower, potted up some red salvia for my neighbor Judy, did some weeding, realized my fullest and most prolific blooming plumeria is so potbound I don't think there's any dirt left at all. My choices there are pull it out of the pot and put it in the ground or put it in a bigger pot. Whatever I decide, I'm going to need help as it is too big and too heavy for me to do on my own. In the meantime I have to water it about twice a day.

The news just keeps getting worse and worse. With the pandemic now running rampant in Republican states, now the Republicans, at least some, are getting concerned. They didn't give a shit as long as it was Democratic run states that were suffering but now that it's 'their' people, well, maybe they did rush to reopen too soon and McConnell is all of a sudden concerned about people not wearing masks? It shouldn't be a political issue, he says, no one should be ridiculed for wearing a mask, he says, after they all refused to wear masks making it a political issue and accused proponents of fear mongering and being sheep. I guess with Canada and Mexico having closed their borders to the US and now the EU as well, it's starting to dawn on them that the pandemic is a real problem.

And as if this isn't bad enough we now know that Trump was told that Russia has put a bounty on American soldiers' heads, has known for months, maybe even a year, and he did nothing. No, I take that back, he called Putin, had a lovely conversation, and then tried to get the G7 to invite Russia back in. When asked what he talks about to Putin, he told the reporter that it's none of our business. None of our business? You work for us, you asshole, you represent us, the people of the United States and it certainly is our business. And the GOP's response? Crickets. And more damaging news is in his calls with other nations' leaders, he practically grovels to Putin and Erdogan but is rude and insulting to our allies, telling Angela Merkel, who was trained as a physicist and has a PhD in chemistry and did her thesis on quantum chemistry, that she's 'stupid'. His demeanor has so alarmed so many people in the White House that they consider him a threat to our national security. Let that sink in. Current and past individuals in Trump's administration think the president of the US is a threat to our national security. And now that the rest of the world knows, Trump has still done nothing except brief only Republicans so they can all get on the same page and tell the same story.

It's looking like some of the rats are starting to desert the ship though it's far too late for that. They'll be going down with it. We will not forget or turn a blind eye to the fact that they have enabled Trump for 3 1/2 years instead of honoring their oath to protect and defend the Constitution because they were forced, forced they say, to support Trump or face retirement, cause, you know, Trump might tweet about them!




13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what the house looks like. Make sure you take pictures inside and out. It's been so dismal the past few days but we actually had a little sunshine yesterday so I could make some sun tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that things are going so poorly for dear Don, he is growing quite fragile, to the point he may bow out. Wouldn't that be nice. A couple of Lincoln Project points tonight on NPR made me howl. No, it is not a waste of money to run ads in DC. They have a constituency of one there, and then that one tweets about them and loads up the Pinocchio meter. As for electing a Democratic president and then going after him, no. They have too many corrupt governors to go after. Every official must honor his oath of office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house project has been fun...for those of us reading about it. Can you plant some high shrub to hide the container?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Republicans seem not to have one pair of functioning testes between them all. They will not be viewed kindly in history.
    I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!
    Our mosquitos are completely out of control. I can barely go out long enough to check for eggs without spraying. Between that and the heat I'd simply rather be inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had pretty mild days here - Mike & I often sit out on the deck until late in the evening (when it's not raining). The downside to that is apparently I'm still allergic to the known universe & can barely talk the next day. Or IS that a problem?

    I have friends on FB who are starting to tout their third party candidates again & I know that there will be those who "vote their conscience" - but I REALLY hope they don't disrupt the election. I know they're tired of being told that "this isn't the year," but we've got the antiChrist in the White House right now! (I might be exaggerating. I'm not sure I buy the idea of an antiChrist - but if there is one, then the Orange Menace is THE one!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess if the house is in the wrong place you could always move it. I'm sure it would be a big undertaking but it's possible.

    I hope the Repubs really suffer at the polls for their slavish support of Trump. Even his supporters seem to be fading, at least according to the polls. (But then we know polls aren't always reliable!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel every bit of your anger and frustration with the USA, because I share it fully. I hope they all rot in prison cells,them and their dirty Russian campaign funds.

    I'm sure the home placement will be FINE. : hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to this house arriving and so curious how it's done. Lots of pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to everything you say and Trump and the Republicans. Shocking the degree to which they have abdicated their responsibility. The bounty for American soldiers revelation might be the worst thing of all. But on a brighter note the house is coming. I’m so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please take a ton of pictures. I want to see how it gets there and how it's put on the pad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trump shitshow is right. I think it can't get any worse and I'm always astonished at my naiveté.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They should have all opted for Retiring and leaving him standing alone, then there would have been no option but to replace him with a REAL President and capable Staff who might have averted the disaster this Nation has now become with a complete void in Leadership. Having a divisive rabble rousing Lunatic Con Man who couldn't even successfully run his own Businesses and Life appropriately should have been a Clue to Voters in 2016 that this individual should be relegated to low quality sideshow entertainment that Reality TV made him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I'll NEVER forgive Republicans for standing behind Trump. It would be like forgiving someone for raping children.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.