Sunday, November 6, 2011

student gallery


I guess this is my favorite part, seeing the results.

Though I must say they were an unruly bunch this day. One student got there early and went right ahead and demolded her piece (well, the proprietor sort of egged her on), one student started washing his off with water after getting the plaster off which is not what I have them do, and all but two or three left their notes at home so they were all guessing what colors they used during the critique.

fired molds ready to be opened

the cleaned tiles, 5.75” x 5.75” with the exception of the obviously larger piece


















13 comments:

  1. it must be a lot of fun for them (and you) to see their creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an artistic bunch! I like the frog on the lily pad myself. No one made a tile of a coffee cup?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those are truly beautiful. Were they happy with their results?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Moon, I think everyone was happy with their results. I was happy with the results. I love to see what they come up with. I don't expect any of them to do it on their own in their own studios, well maybe one or two, because it is complicated process, but now and then one surprises me when they continue on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. these are great.. they obviously had a fine teacher. I really like the bottle neck/opening. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool to get to this point. I find the pink and yellow flower very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebel students...what is the world coming too??!! Ha!! The pieces turned out great!!
    So colorful and textural!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. it must be cool for you to let the processes slide ever so gently off the beaten path if only to see what they come up with. what do you learn from your students? steven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty darn good, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! My favorite one is the bubbles (I guess that's what they are).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, for one, am impressed. I love the blue bubbly piece. It reminds me of blue milk glass. So pretty. They did a great job, Teach!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.