Sunday, February 20, 2022

nighttime ruckus and miscellaneous pictures


As planned, I did nothing Friday but read and doze off. I even refused to take Minnie for her walk much to her disappointment/annoyance. She was in my face pushing at me or whining or barking until she finally gave up and settled down next to me. I did fix dinner...smothered steak with onions and mushrooms, leftover scalloped potatoes, and sauteed cabbage with onions and garlic.

Yesterday I puttered around in the yard some carting more fallen branches and sticks over to the burn pile, refilled all three bird feeders, filled the birdbaths, did some watering, pulled some hay grass up in the big backyard, and yes, walked the dog and visited with neighbors.

Speaking of neighbors, we have some new ones at my end of the street, across the street catty cornered and down one. The couple with their 2 year old son that had been living there moved to his house out in the country and her sister and family moved in. I haven't seen them yet, much less met them, and have no idea how many and what ages but they have four cars. Last night about 9 PM there was a big ruckus, doors slamming, yelling outside, cars roaring off. Went on for about a half hour.

Since I don't have anything interesting to write about and am ignoring the news here's some miscellaneous pictures.


artichokes are flowers


so are pansies


10 petal anemones all over the yard


the maple tree is blooming


the loungey pants the twins brought me back from Ecuador


and the little butterfly


yesterday's sky


11 comments:

  1. Love all the photos. Those pants are very beautiful, and that sunset was truly lovely. Haven't seen. a sky like that here in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new new neighbors settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to have artichokes tonight! Not surprisingly, somehow.
    Sounds like you might need to put the sheriff's office on speed dial. Jesus. You do NOT need that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent photo dump! I particularly love those lounge pants & that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sky made the NWS social feeds last night. It seemed to be pretty widespread -- photos were coming in from everywhere. I worried about your ruckus - I was afraid it might have been critters. I guess it was, but at least they won't chew up your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting sky! Lovely! I watched my grandsons (3 and 5) for 2 weeks and they left this morning so I am doing nothing today as I am exhausted! Read and relax are my jobs for today!
    I love those pants the twins brought you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great pants. Your sunset was also very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the butterfly! I have met some neighbors. I can see their patio umbrella from my porch. They are below us and their drive is even steeper than ours. They have similar living quarters, a small 400 square ft park model, but their porch has windows, not just screens. Their daughter and her three children live with them! I would go nuts!! The small space is enough without adding 4 more people to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... I've never opened an Artichoke like that -- I just begin peeling from the outside in. LOL Yum! And the pants are way cool!!! As are the cloud photos and just everything!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.