Wednesday, October 14, 2020

one day busy and the next day not


This is what I did Tuesday...slept late til 8:30 (did not do yoga because I slept too late), fixed breakfast, did the weekly grocery store run, took the recycling, fed the cat (yes, she's still eating) and dog their mid-day meal, fixed my lunch, watered one of the flower beds, did 4 days worth of dishes that don't go in the dishwasher, fed the turtle, cleaned the filter to the turtle pond (ick ick ick), cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders, read for about 40 minutes, fed the dog and cat dinner, walked the dog, fixed enchiladas for dinner (unfortunately they were only mediocre), 


and tidied up the kitchen after dinner.

This is what I did today...not a damn thing. Went to yoga which I did not have to lead as I did not only last Wednesday but also last Monday as Abby wasn't back yet and walked the dog.

Tomorrow morning is my volunteer time at SHARE and then I'm going to swing by the Annex and see about voting. If there's too many people waiting, I'll try another day.

Rocky's over at the shop finally getting the sink in the new studio room hooked up. Once that's done I can make the final adjustment on the shelving and start getting all the frit and powders put back up. Then I will have no excuse for not getting over there and working.

Some of you might remember that two and a half years ago I was contacted about participating in a new book on pate de verre, the cast glass technique I work in, and of course I said I would love to. So I submitted all the required info and the image to represent my work back before my trip to Portugal in 2018 and then never heard another word. Well, I received an email last week, they finally have a publisher and they have up to the end of this month to change any images if participants want something more current. Since I really haven't done squat for work, the only piece I did of any note last year was the heron box of which I don't have any formal pics of and have done nothing this year so far I'm sticking with my original selection, the Moonflower piece, 


but either I misunderstood or they changed the number of images because now we each get two. So I sent in four possibles and am waiting to hear which one they would prefer for my second image.





18 comments:

  1. They don't look like you used a red sauce? Cheddar cheese?
    I so love your glass pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use an enchilada red sauce with meat and onions and yes, I grated some cheddar on top as I had run out of the mexican cheese combo. cheese on the inside and meat sauce poured over.

      Delete
  2. The moon flower is just lovely. I think my fave is the seapot, or maybe the hibiscus box. Glad the cat is still with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you sell the heron box? I can't remember. It would be nice to get some formal photos of it if you still have it. I think any of those four pics would work well -- they all show different types of complexity (color and/or texture) and great detail.

    Bummer about the enchiladas. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that little bee with her head in the honeysuckle. Is it honeysuckle? They're all gorgeous.
    I need to use today for a real doing day. I have not only lost my energy, I've lost my ability to see the point in anything. This is not good. I guess the point is- this is life.
    You're an inspiration, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to the book people picking just one of those photos... they're all great! I was planning on dropping off my absentee ballot today (the first day of early voting), but I decided to wait until tomorrow because I can be away from the office longer if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book can't go wrong with any of these pictures. Lovely, all of them.

    I'm glad someone else slept till 8.30. I did that today and felt oddly guilty, as if the world couldn't get going until I got up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your glass pieces are beautiful. It would be hard for me to pick a piece if I was to chose. I have a problem with my enchiladas falling apart because I add too much sauce. David and I will be going to vote tomorrow morning. It will be much cooler for us if we have to stand in line to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you do such lovely work! I loved the first one but as I scrolled through them, I realized they each are so uniquely beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, good job I'm not the expert artist! I could not make a pick and can only wish serendipity on the authors.
    My kitchen had an unfortunate accident last week, and consequently resembles no kitchen I've ever had, Pretty soon I may have to write about itl

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can they choose just two? Such amazing work, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the pieces are so very beautiful. That feather is exquisite in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those art pieces. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The moonflower is glorious, but I hope they pick the feather. It's so simple, and yet so compelling. You really are quite an artist. As for all the rest -- this has been one of those pillar-to-post weeks, but I've got a new drivers license, got my eyes checked, and voted. Now, if I just could get the kitchen cleaned up, it would all be good. It rained here all day, and was really sort of cold. After all the griping about heat, I really didn't have this in mind for a change. Seventy and sunny would be better than 60 and drizzly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they probably will. the moonflower is definitely in so I think the feather will be the second piece there was another feather piece they really liked but I nixed it because I was disappointed in how it came out.

      Delete
  14. p.s. I would vote to include the pink dogwood (?) it's gorgeous! Just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.