Saturday, September 26, 2020

the days, they just blend together

 
I wish I had something profound or meaningful or even interesting to write about but since I'm avoiding all things Trumpian, truth to tell, one day is pretty much like the one before it and the one that will come after it. I'm not an early riser and it's usually about 8 before I drag my butt out of bed and take my thyroid med on an empty stomach and drink a small glass of water first thing, then my yoga routine, then my two cups of coffee while I visit blogland or write a post and then finally go fix breakfast at 10. This is how every day starts unless I have something to do for which I need to leave the house early.

One of which is that I've started volunteering at SHARE here on Thursday mornings, the only day they are open right now, and I try to get there between 8:30 and 9. SHARE is an organization that provides food and clothing and in some cases monetary aid to the needy so I go and help fill the baskets of food depending on how many in the family and help restock the shelves to be ready for the next week. It's a church sponsored organization and the other people there are religious. The lady in charge finally had me fill out a form, basic information I imagine to do a background check though she didn't say so as two of the other volunteers are my neighbors. The last line was what church or organization did I represent if any. I wrote in 'humanity'.

We've been having some cooler weather since Beta blew through, or didn't blow as the case may be. It has dried up enough to get some weeding done which I did yesterday until I ran out of shade. It's still hot in the sun and getting warmer but the weather liars prognosticators are promising us more cool weather next week, even down in the 50s! We'll see. There are several tasks I've been putting off for cooler weather...cleaning out/up the garage, also the barn, also the shop...all three in desperate need. Still need to continue moving cast glass stuff into the new studio room and set it up. Not to mention all the fall yard tasks. Speaking of which you may or may not have noticed I haven't been writing about pecans which I usually do starting in July when the trees start shedding immature nuts. There's been very little of that and while we had the best crop we've had in years last year, I don't think we're going to get any this year. I'm not seeing any nuts up in my three trees and the few that have dropped are rotten inside. My neighbors' trees however are producing so maybe I can beg some of their excess crop.

The hummingbirds continue to ignore the feeders for the most part. I see them more often among the flowers that are blooming. The rain from Beta has produced a new round of rain lilies and oxblood lilies, even two of the bulbs I have yet to get planted have bloomed! 



And speaking of blooming flowers, Sabine at Interim Arrangements posted a picture of one of every flower blooming in her garden a couple of posts back which I really liked so I've done it too. Here's what's blooming today sans one other that I forgot, a yellow walking iris.



I've finally decided where I'm going to plant the oxblood lilies I dug up out of the ditch over a year ago! I created this space in front of the buddha and I'm going to plant them there.




Still haven't started a new drawing but at least I know what it is I'm going to draw when I get around to it. Mostly I wonder what to do with these drawings. Leave them in my sketchbook and let them accumulate or try and frame them for possible sale. Which reminds me, I have to get my images and bio/artspeak blurb sent in to be uploaded to the Height's Artisan Market website for the online sale. I don't actually expect to sell anything but it's good exposure. I also have a new idea for the gallery page on my website which will take a couple of days to build. Now that it's too hot to work outside comfortably perhaps I'll work on that today.

Or I may try and finish the book I'm reading.




14 comments:

  1. Another Blogger talked about the quiet Rhythm of Lock Down without the Outside distractions of the World, it spoke volumes to me right now. The Monotony gets to me sometimes instead of enjoying the quiet Rhythm of it that is more Peaceful, Serene, slowed down to a leisurely Pace that I should actually be savoring and enjoying more. I think the tensions of the Negativity swirling right now make it difficult to relax and just completely do nothing. The uncertainty makes me so anxious sometimes that just being in the Moment is hard, my Mind goes to so many other places, some of which I shouldn't even be going, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Those Oxblood Lilies are striking and will be amazing in front of your Zen Garden Art installation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what day it is ever.
    Your flowers on paper are so pretty, Paint them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those red lilies are red! I like the layout of flowers on paper. They would make a wonderful painting. Rearranged. That's the left brain speaking. And, it's generally ten when I get to breakfast. It's the cat's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolutely did have plenty to write about that was interesting and profound and meaningful. And beautiful, too. Those flowers are a fancy feast for our eyes.
    I was indeed wondering about your pecans! Just two days ago. Our ground is littered with the broken shells of them. I don't think a whole one ever falls.
    Yes. We shall see if it gets cooler. I suppose eventually it definitely will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those oxblood lilies. So beautiful! They'll be right at home in front of the Buddha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so beautiful. I should go photograph what we have blooming in our front yard. It will be a lovely distraction from these insane times. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Days just blending together - that's what I hope my retirement will look like.
    Lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your flower display! I might try to do that too. And good for you for volunteering! I should do something myself. It’s a little hard since I work 8:30-5:00 M-F, but I’m sure there are a lot of opportunities if I would just look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first visit to your blog since I found you on Robin Andrea's blog and followed you here. Since we have a first name in common and your blog title mentions it, I have bookmarked it now so I can visit more often. I had seen your comments before but never thought to check you out to see if you had a blog! I smiled when I read that you take your thyroid meds in the morning first thing on an empty stomach with water as that is exactly how my day starts! I am impressed with your glasswork and I will take time to explore your blog posts. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the oxblood lilies. I am tempted to plant some, but hoping to sell the park soon so I will wait and plant some in my daughter's yard. I am longing to be able to do whatever I want without interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that collection of your flowers. I had great fun trying to identify them. There were some I recognized -- maybe half. Speaking of rain and lilies, the Brazoria refuge was awash in rain lilies last weekend. I've never seen so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could list them if you want. I see I forgot plumbago too.

      Delete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.