Wednesday, March 11, 2020

a nice surprise, spring, and a most despicable person


I successfully made my returns, got the board and the 3-light fixture. They gave me a handful of cash at one end of the store and I handed almost all of it back to them at the other end of the store.

I have a small collection (6) of antique glass shades that I've picked up from antique stores and estate sales from time to time. Three of them are on the ceiling fan in the living room

  

and the other three have been sitting on a shelf waiting for me to grind down the small rim some so that they would fit in the ceiling fan in the back bedroom but when I got home with the new fixture I wondered if they would fit and they did!

  

So the plan now is to use them in the bathroom and return the other three shades. Other than that, Rocky showed up Monday and got the last pencil tile up edging the outside edge of the wall tile, took down the 4-light fixture, and primered all three doors so some progress but baby steps.

So it's spring, has been for weeks, that little nose dive into the 20˚s notwithstanding. The birds have beed active and a wren built a nest in one of my birdhouses. She startled me when she burst out of it when I got too near. I think I mentioned that I cut all the dead fronds? leaves? off the banana trees about mid-February and new growth was starting to emerge which was summarily burned by the freeze that followed.

halfway through

done

I uncovered this little tree frog


and this one jumped onto the ladder


So the coronavirus is still expanding exponentially and what is top on Trump's and his ignorant (because no way will Trump appoint anyone for anything that he thinks is smarter than he is) sycophantic ass kissing administration's plan for combating it? A billion dollar financial relief package for those most in need like laborers and other workers who can't afford to miss a day much less two weeks of work, hospitals and healthcare workers? Oh hell no. He wants to give this financial aid to industries that have had a decade of record profits and can weather this downturn just fine, thankyouverymuch. Because Trump's only concern is buoying up the stock market which he sees as essential to his reelection. People getting sick? People dying? People who are one or two paychecks away from homelessness? Fuck them. And stop reporting new cases and deaths, stop warning people, stop canceling events cause you are making Trump look bad. Sanders and Biden have canceled rallies, Trump refuses to because then he'll have to admit that the pandemic is really happening. Does it make me a bad person to want all those Magats to get sick from his rallies? I don't want anyone to die but I wouldn't mind if they got sick.

If we can't get any real justice at least we could get some poetic justice.

Edit: Well, I see this morning that Trump did cancel his two upcoming rallies.



9 comments:

  1. Well, I think that what's going to happen is what's going to happen. We will see what unfolds when a country is less than anxious to announce (or even track) cases.
    I have a feeling it ain't gonna be pretty.
    Unlike your light fixtures which are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lighting shades are fabulous. I too have used mixed shades in both of my bathrooms. I love quirky and different. Ya done good. As to the Cheeto headed ass monkey.....sigh. I have had terrible thoughts about his health. It would be delicious irony if he were to get Covid-19 and then be near a blast and have "a headache" (brain trama) like the soldiers who became pawns in his evil game. When I said this to a friend she said....."ugh, how could anyone tell if he had brain damage??????? TRUE The doo doo we are gonna be in cannot even be fathomed. Afterall did any of us believe this is where our country would be 4 years ago. Lies with every breath, no humanity, no sense of being a part of a bigger whole, no conscience?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's unfortunate that they're not proactively testing. It would be nice to know what the hell is going on out there. Any current data provided is wrong. I'm really angry about the whole thing. I'm also angry that our new acting DNI, Richard Grenell, refused a request from Congress to discuss Russian interference in the elections, because HE DIDN'T WANT TO IRRITATE THE PRESIDENT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do wish the COVID-19 would invade the White House and infect Anus Tangerinus and his grifter family. I really do! I don't care about being nice about this. He screwed the pooch when he shut down the Anti-Pandemic programs that were set in place in China by Obama. Now it's coming back to bite him in the butt. He deserves everything bad to happen to him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your light fixtures! They'll look great in the bathroom. And I totally agree about the Orange Situation. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to think the crime should fit the crime. I am not sad about Weinstein and I will not be sad about anything that hits these terrible people who look the other way when 3-year-olds are lost from their parents and MAGA hats attend rallies. It is a dangerous flu and people who say it is a bad cold are not only liars, they are dangerous liars. I love those frogs and we have both here...but not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I heard on PBS this morning that the rump cancelled once for today, but thought I'd check that out before I wrote it, and I cannot find that it was ever scheduled. I think in Michigan. He sure has a lid on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those light fixtures are gorgeous. I love old glass, and especially enjoy miniature oil lamps -- these are just as pretty. I guess I've never paid any attention to fixtures like this. You're lucky that you can fit that second trio to your fixture -- what a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those glass shades are BEAUTIFUL. I bet they'll look great on the new fixtures. Definitely post pictures. Sorry about your banana -- that was quite a temperature swing! Glad the frogs are hardy. I think we're truly past winter now, at least here.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.