Thanks for all of the support showered down on me. They are just a blip in my rear view mirror accompanied by two handed one finger salutes. Board members have been deleted and blocked from my contact list and the one ‘friend’ blocked on my FB account. If any of them come across my last post and get their panties in a twist, like Ms Moon said…fuck you, fuck this, and fuck the fucking horse you rode in on. I will not be volunteering for any other church supported program. I can do some volunteering at Hesed House which really is more my kind people. They provide programs and resources to the community free of charge, a connected learning center for students teaching coding skills and helping people get their GEDs, and the fabulous market where they source local and organic food products and a whole range of art and crafts made by locals. Unfortunately, most of the events I could help with are in the evening which is not a good time for me but I’m sure we can figure something out.
So onward into the future.
I think I’m done with the heron.
I’ve cut it out and am now working on the spacing but I’m not sure I’m going to construct it the same way as the previous shadow box. Or I might. The shadow box is still 1/4” too deep for just the three layers of this one (the robin one had four layers). I tried making each of the three cattails a different height but I didn’t like it, too much distance between the heron in front and the furthest back cattail. So now I’ve got all the spacers done, I’ve solved the depth problem, and the only thing left to do is put it all together. Here’s all the elements sans spacers.
Another sign of the changing season, I face east sitting at my desktop writing or reading and the sun has now moved into that space where as it rises it shines right into my face in the morning. As soon as enough leaves fall, it will cast prisms of light all over the walls and ceiling from the crystals hanging in the windows. Correspondingly, the setting sun has moved out from behind the trees and house on my west side (a few minutes later the setting sun was a ball of fire just above the horizon just to the left of the trees on the right).
We’ve actually gotten a little bit of rain, not nearly enough though, not enough to heal the cracks in the ground or lift the burn ban, but I was amazed at how quickly everything greened up. And the mornings have been cool enough to keep the door open and get some fresh air in the house for a couple of hours anyway. I did get all my little broccoli and cabbage plants in the ground, planted two short rows of mustard greens and a six pack of kohlrabi seeds. I’ll need to thin out the mustard greens when they get a bit bigger, same with the kohlrabi.
The rain also brought out a whole new oxblood lily bloom. and a new flush of yellow rain lilies.






Codex
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing and I like the depth of everything.
I would add a little shading to the neck of the heron but that's me.