Thursday, April 27, 2017

accomplishments


You might remember that on February 14th a tornado came through town and peeled back half the roof on one of the buildings of the antique store and busted out some of the clerestory windows and the store is still closed. None of the damage has been repaired yet and the owner isn't sure what she wants to do about any of it since she has another location now in Rosenberg. The point of this is that I no longer have a Saturday job. Without that job and being mostly retired I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is. Well, I can usually keep track of Mondays and Wednesdays as these are yoga days but the rest soon escape me. Not that that matters I guess as long as reminders from my calendar keep popping up like the one for last Tuesday.

I had my last follow-up doctor's appointment with my primary care physician who I like a lot. She was pretty astounded at some of the things I told her about my visits to the ENT and asked if I wanted to go to a different one, which I declined. Her position is we may not know exactly what is causing the spasms or choking but we know what isn't...not cancer, not a tumor or any other growth or obvious malfunction, which is nice to know, so we're back to mindfulness while eating and drinking.

I did finally get two things accomplished...

the second horizontal surface, clean tools, clean paper, wax dust free and in plastic bags


all that clay finally removed, now one more yard of dirt to fetch this week


...and just in time since it's supposed to get up to 90˚ on Friday. In April.




13 comments:

  1. You sure are shoveling a lot of dirt, we could use that vigor here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the last half of the last yard of the season is in the back of the truck. I am so over shoveling dirt.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! That must feel so good- to have a work surface that looks like that!
    You know, I was just thinking that it's been cooler this April that in some past years. It's been odd. We've had some really hot days and some very lovely mild ones. And I am NOT looking forward to the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nor I. it's only the one day but it's been in the high 80s off and on all month.

      Delete
  3. I'm ready for it to warm up. April has been rainy and cool. Annuals reacting poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your doctor's take on the situation is a good one -- it's good to know what's NOT wrong! Bummer about the antique store. I hope she reopens. Is it too far to drive to Rosenberg? Is working there an option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really interested in commuting to Rosenberg for a day of work and the set up there is completely different. The owner is one of 3 principals and she only has to provide a worker for two days a week.

      Delete
  5. There is something so nice about a clean desk. I wish I could remember that more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At a certain age it is hard to remember the days of the week. Without a job they all tend to blur together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the heat but within reason. 90°'s get to be a bit draining.

    Lovely clean workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was up in the hill country last weekend, and it hit 49 outside Kerrville. I sat outside without a jacket, freezing to death and giggling my head off. That other kind of weather will be here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only work one day a week with an occasional fill in for someone else 1/2 day. When I wake up in the early AM, I figure out what day it is counting back to the last day at work. In My retirement, everyday is Saturday. It really doesn't matter anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's retired, and then there's retired. You sound pretty busy to me, just with different kinds of work. With all the cleaning and clearing out it seems to me you are preparing for what's next:)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.