Thursday, January 18, 2018

still fucking winter



I wish I had something to talk about besides how fucking cold it's been but because it's been so cold and icy life has come pretty much to a standstill around here. 


The dog waits till she can't wait another second before going outside and taking care of her business. Well, last night was the last night of below freezing temperatures for the foreseeable future, in this case, a week. We're on a warming trend now with a predicted high of 72˚ for Sunday. Like I said before, a yoyo.

I could talk about Game Of Thrones. We started the 6th season yesterday. We are now beyond the published books (which the series does not follow exactly...they've cut out the resurrection of Caitlan and the continued activities of the Brotherhood and so far no mention of the unknown Targaryen male heir that was being secretly taken from Dorne to Easteros) but unless you have read the books or watched the series it would be meaningless.

Out of sheer boredom I finally vacuumed the house yesterday and started cleaning the stuff on the long altar in front of the windows behind the sink. Got about a third of that done.



We don't usually start watching the show till about mid-afternoon so I have half a day to kill. Guess I'll go back to cleaning the things on the shelf above the sink.




9 comments:

  1. I take it one day at a time. Snow yesterday, sun and higher temps today, tomorrow will bring us warmth. It makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold here today too. I finally gave August the overalls I've been working on and now I feel as if my life has no more meaning. No excuse to sit in front of the TV. Ha! I've been doing fussy little cleaning projects too. I suppose these things have to get done some time. You and the dog both will feel like going out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to Arleen: this winter sucks. And, we agreed to clean the kitchen window tomorrow, which means Laura can climb on the sink to reach it. On the good side, I closely examined my orchid, and found the one stalk that will bloom in spring. Yes, three votes plus yours, this winter is terminal boredom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy stuff I was just enjoying a bit of your spring. We just take it for granted it is going to be bad most the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you know how the other half of the continent lives...we cope..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's probably a good opportunity to catch up on those little household tasks! We stopped watching "Game of Thrones" after the first season. I just wasn't into it. Hope the thaw comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the weather, and I just pray I'm alive in 2019 for the final season of GOT. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! I can't believe they are skipping a year and I heard it will only be 6 episodes long.

      Delete
  8. You have a wonderful "eye", Ellen. Your altar is beautiful, such a lovely thing to see as you are washing the dishes.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.