Tuesday, January 30, 2018

minor chores, stats, and the further destruction of this nation


Sunday I repaired 3 plate flowers, two totems, and restrung a wind chime. Apparently that took me just about all day. Oh, and I hung one of the paintings back up in my studio.

Yesterday morning when I logged on I had less than 100 views of my last blog post. Then I visited FB and commented on an NPR post about whether or not smoking pot during pregnancy harms the fetus (my personal experience...no) and boy did that get a lot of attention and replies all day, pro and con, some supportive, some judgmental, some rude, you know how that goes. I replied to a few of them but I only have so much time to waste on FB and so I quit even looking at the replies. Happened to check my blog stats a couple of hours later and 485 page views and by the end of the day 743, and the previous post 344. This morning 910 and 408 respectively. Wow. I guess people went to my page to see who was this person with this opinion and then went to my blog. Doesn't mean, of course, that they actually read it.

Anyway, the main thing I accomplished yesterday was I finished cleaning the chandelier. Yay me! Now if Rocky and Gunnar would show up I could get it hung. What I didn't do yesterday was start on the model for the auction piece, well, not physically. I did think about what I was going to do, visualizing it in my head. Guess I'll try and get started on it today.

And that's about all I've got unless I want to point out how feckless Trump is (in general), who has no intention of imposing the bipartisan sanctions passed by Congress against Russia for election interference and Congress is letting him get away with it that he already signed into law (because, you know, he thinks he is above the law) and the Republican party (in particular) in Congress are in voting to release a memo which is just Nunes' uninformed opinion of some intelligence concerning the FISA warrant against Carter Page while voting to block the Democrats' memo on the same intelligence (they're not releasing the actual intelligence, just a biased guy's opinion whose background is in agriculture and not in intelligence) and by so doing are actively working to undermine the investigation into Russian election tampering which the CIA says they fully expect more of during the midterm elections. Just try diagraming that sentence! Meanwhile Trump plans to take credit for Obama's economy that's he's been coasting on as it takes about a year for a new administration's policies to take real effect and his plans for improving the infrastructure center around privatizing which means every fucking national highway and bridge will now become toll roads transferring even more money from the 98% to the 2%. So, yay and MAGA!




9 comments:

  1. if my sad little blog gets four views that is four that I think is splendid! I do not even check unless there is a comment. Smoke if you want to, don't if you don't, don't care...tRUMP and the general fuckery is beyond my tuning in to any of it. Until there is something that I can personally affect, just laying low. Anything tRUMP related immediately gets turned off and I fill the house with music instead.Can't afford a therapist....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a busy life, even if you don't always think so. And I'm sure that doing pre-visualizing in your head is a time which is pretty important in the process of creating a piece.
    I got nothing to say about you-know-who. I'm having a day of fierce denial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you haven't even stirred a little hole in the scum covering DC. Red and yellow, black and white, cast a ballot this November. There are a lot of good people running, already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get a lot more traffic than i do. Wishing there was something good on TV tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tolls?? Are you kidding me? I can't even afford gas. Oh well, good excuse to stay home anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we could send him $35 bucks and get our name scrolled across the screen during his "teleprompter reading" I was thinking of sending in my $35 and from the name of "R. U. Kiddenme".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed so much with your energy and how much you get done.

    I would not watch that man and his co-conspirators last night. I get more and more depressed with the news and what is happening in our beautiful country every day. Yesterday, I read a headline that FEMA aid is ending in Puerto Rico. I could not read the article. It is all too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't linked my FB profile to my blog, partly for just that reason. I'd rather not have all the FB trolls reading my blog. But the flip side is, maybe you got some new readers! Who knows?!

    As for Trump and "the memo," I personally don't care if they release it. The Repubs can put it out and the Dems can argue against it, and I don't really see what difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at Sondra - oh the name choices there are out there!

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.