Friday, September 9, 2016
job update, wound update, and late summer in the yard
I finished cutting the stencil on the first panel last Friday and started marking it up in preparation for the sandblasting. I left the faces for last because I still wasn't sure how to do them or what the fuck I was doing. I have changed the diagram so many times that even I don't know how to interpret it. Wednesday I just said, fuck it, grabbed the 'I don't care tool', and finished it. It comes out the way it comes out. Now I've started on the last diagram and so far it is fairly untroublesome is that a word? spell check doesn't seem to think so.
It seems to be healing nicely though I noticed last night one of my stitches came untied and I didn't get nearly the bruise I thought I would. 2 1/2" top to bottom, front left thigh about halfway between my knee and bottom. Still tender though not as much. The most tender part is the slight bulge above the would so now I'm wondering if some of the tissue missing out of the wound got shoved up under the skin above it. The last two mornings it has been zapping me with stings for about half an hour.
Late summer in the yard has been droopy with the heat and the rain. We had rain and rain and rain with a few dry days here and there and oppressively hot. The roses and altheas look tired and scraggly.
The zinnias have finally taken off though and the four o'clocks too and now that they have, I realize I'm going to have to move the four o'clocks elsewhere as they want to take up too much space though I am enjoying their sweet perfume in the evenings.
The yellow angel trumpet that I planted in the long day lily bed 3 years ago is blooming for the first time and the beauty berry is showing off and the datura is finally blooming.
The ginger is still giving me some blooms and the penta, well, the penta only stops blooming if we get a little freeze.
The front yard is a totally neglected mess right now and needs an overhaul.