Thursday, September 24, 2015

install today, deliver tomorrow


So, I might have exaggerated just a teeny bit on my last post. I wasn't bed-ridden just every part of my body was sore and I had zero energy. I basically laid around on the couch all day and took a nap but I did manage to muster up enough energy to get to yoga class at 5:30. And oddly enough, or not so oddly enough, I felt better after yoga.


Now I'm killing time waiting for the installers to come pick up this very heavy piece of glass and head out to the installation. We called a friend to come help us get it off the rack in the truck and onto the table and then back on the rack to do the sandblasting but we determined that there was no way in hell we were going to be able to lift that monster up high enough to get it back on the rack in the truck (the glass shop guys got it up there when Marc went to pick it up and even they had a hard time of it).


I cut the stencil Tuesday, Marc got it blasted yesterday and luckily enough the grandboy and a friend came out just in time and they moved it onto the table so we could get it cleaned up, sealed, and covered. Ah, youth. They just picked that puppy up and carried it over to the table instead of using the dolly.


Tomorrow, I have to drive out to the San Jacinto Monument and deliver those 30 circles that I boxed up yesterday.




10 comments:

  1. It is comforting to me to know that some days you, too, have 0% energy.
    Oh youth! You have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. That panel will be a handsome addition to wherever it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive carefully so none of those plates get broken. I'm sure the client is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Love* What a beautiful piece of art. I'm glad you're feeling better. Mmmmmm...yoga. I had a therapeutic massage Monday and my muscles hurt everywhere they were so tight. I wish I enjoyed yoga. Maybe it doesn't matter and I just start doing it because it's good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't youth wonderful. I took my tub and a half of stuff to the new gallery today. Emily put it in the car, my friend met me and took it out, up the steps and into the gallery. I stood around and watched the owner and the artists delivering stuff hang it all up, and try it all on. I came home exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this piece! The simplicity, the boldness and so natural all in one beautiful art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glass looks great, as always. A long-ish drive sounds kind of nice, actually. I miss long car trips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I used to be able to lift heavy things using the muscles in my ginormous thighs. But then I tore something in my shoulder doing that one day so I just let other people do the heavy lifting now :)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.