Saturday, March 14, 2015

wait, what is that fire ball in the sky?



This last bout of rain and overcast and cold lasted 6 days after only a day and a half of sun after another week of rain and overcast and cold. And that's how our winter has been. This has been the most overcast and wet winter that I can recall. But today it is warm and mostly cloudless and sunny even if the ground is so wet it's mushy. I've got the door open listening to the birds who are just as happy as I am. I had been holding my own as far as mood went all winter but waking up yesterday to more cloud cover after a heavy rain the night before when it was supposed to be clearing just finally tipped me over the edge into grumpy. All it took though to lighten my mood was that first ray of sun that finally broke through late yesterday afternoon.

I'm supposed to be working at the antique store today but I got the Friday guy to work for me. Grandgirl Jade called yesterday afternoon and wanted to come spend the weekend. They are out for spring break next week and she and her twin have to work all week, as does the grandboy, but she got this weekend off. This is the first year since we have had the country house that we won't have all the kids. In the past, all four would come for 4 or 5 days during spring break but this year the three oldest have jobs. Whether Robin wants to come by herself is up to her. I've told her all she has to do is call and I'll come get her. Well, I told all of them that.

I spent nearly this whole week it seems in the car. Drove into the city Sunday, ferried kids to and from school and work for two days and drove back home. Drove back to the city and back Thursday for an appointment and then again yesterday to pick up Jade.

And, I'm happy to report that I have been very good about doing my 5 Sun Salutations every morning and sometimes I even throw in a few other Asanas. Already I feel stronger, my arms a little firmer. Now if I can just fit a walk in every day.





11 comments:

  1. It's cloudy as hell here again today. Rained last night. Supposed to be somewhat clear tomorrow.
    It is an usual spring here for us too. But my god, the buds are busting open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we STILL have no sun. nada. saw a glimmer yesterday and it quickly disappeared. my mood is pretty beaten down, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're holding out; spring will come. It seems everyone of us who have remarked on this crummy winter is grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihad promised myself more exercise and then I got this head cold, so using that as the perfect excuse to veg on such a rainy, cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sunny and 48 degrees. I'll finish my steps after I read blogs.

    Good job on your sun salutations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures of blossoms. I don't think I've ever been so eager for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green grass looks good enough to roll in. We're busy watching the basement since it's been raining all day and with 3 feet of snow on the ground I can't imagine where it's all going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here today - in the 50s, mostly clear blue sky... Ahhh! Just what I needed after driving home from NC in the pouring rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blooms are beautiful. I have tulip bulbs coming up all over my home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. same old "soggie" here,,,I hate winter. Maybe Spring before too much longer...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sun salutations in the rain?
    Or do you salute a pretend sun?

    Hope this dreadful winter will soon be over; I did an hour in the garden today in the drizzle but it still felt good.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.