Friday, February 6, 2015

filling boxes and molds


While I have not been posting about work stuff, I have been working on work stuff. I got all the botanicas packed up and shipped out to Morgan Contemporary Glass Gallery in Pittsburgh. They are going to install them on a front wall in time for their opening tonight.


In the meantime, I've been trying to get these last ones done. Marc got all the molds made and I got them cleaned up and inspected and did all the volume measures of the individual molds so I know how much weight of glass it takes to fill it.


The first three new botanicas, plus a little shell composition for the gallery in Florida, are in the kiln.






Speaking of the gallery in Florida, I haven't received a response from her about the pieces I have available to send so I'm not sure what exactly I'll be sending...the two finished bowls for sure (still haven't done anymore work on the oleander bowl)... 




(The oleander bowl has some issues that you can't see here, like half the bug is missing and the forehead of the little face peeking out from the flower bottom right is missing and there is a hole in the flower on the other side...all casting defects. It is definitely less than perfect but I may send it anyway. I won't be doing another one, that's for sure.)

...and the two framed pieces from the open house and perhaps all three of the small plain sky bowls and the cluster of shells and I have to send her my stuff the middle of next week. 


Yikes! Gettin' down to the wire though I should have enough time to get the last two things done...the shells and the oleander bowl...even with my grandson here for the weekend.

I'm driving to Houston today to pick him up after school so he can help me with an outdoor project on Saturday.





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Where is the gallery in Florida?
    May you have good weather this weekend to get those outdoor projects done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful stuff. i'm always so impressed. the shell box is going to be NEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first bowl with the ivy(?) leaves. Reminds me of Art Nouveau.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your work is stunning. Love seeing the molds.
    Have fun with your garden doings and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Shame the oleander bowl didn't cast perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! Of course, the downside is that your work requires a level of perfection in detail that would drive me crazy, although I'm sure Peggy could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These bowls are just beautiful. I find them so stunning in color and originality. I hope they all get sold and you never see them again! This process is so fascinating and I never dreamed how difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fascinating to see your work in progress...

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be working on work stuff is the best thing of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Despite the flaws that we can't see, that bowl is absolutely gorgeous. I would be drawn to it, for sure and doubt I would notice.. or care. Good luck with your outdoor project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy! I love those sky bowls at the bottom.

    As for the imperfections in the Oleander bowl, they add to its distinctiveness and uniqueness. Right? Kind of wabi-sabi?

    And yes, to echo Ms Moon -- where in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the bowls on the bottom as well.
    The one on the far right especially.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.