Sunday, December 26, 2010

keeping my finger in the pie


I hope everyone had a joyful day yesterday. We went over to my sister's house for a late lunch/early dinner. It was cold and windy and overcast. Not very beckoning. Except for that one foray out, we spent the day on the couch snoozing and reading and watching movies.

I actually wrote two posts yesterday and deleted them both. The first one sounded too depressing so I tried again with the same results which was curious because I'm not feeling depressed and had had a fun week, if a bit tiring, with the g'kids. But the major event of this month put a damper on any christmas/holiday post I might have made, the holiday season was a non-event for us this year and the document where I keep my ideas and work on posts had me singularly uninspired.

In fact I'm still a bit uninspired, still drained I guess from the whole death experience. So why, you are probably wondering, am I writing at all? Good question. See the title above.

I like this day of the year a lot. The big run up to christmas is over, no more pressure for us to go out and single handedly save the economy, no more christmas carols twisted for marketing, no more christmas music in the stores. Hallelujah! Christmas is over and it's not Marcmas yet.

Now begins the week of reminiscing, the lists of best and worst, the tidying up of the events of the year. The firework stands are open and I believe I will joyfully see this one out. I haven't had time to work on my cast projects since before Thanksgiving and I am anxious to get back to them here at the tail end of the 'lost days'.


7 comments:

  1. Hope this week is more inspiring Ellen. Glad you were with your sister yesterday. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes, your title, is about all there is. I too am glad that the whole "be happy" for a day and start shopping for it months in advance is done for another 9 months and then the "money machine" will start the drivel all over again.
    Glad you had some quiet time yesterday, me too. Now's time to charge onward and upward, yes? XOXO The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling uninspired too - even though I have all these great snow pictures to post (snow is great in NC when we're visiting - not so much in Ohio when we're trying to go to work). I think I'll just enjoy this unexpectedly lazy day - no church, no shopping, just hanging out reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those year end best-of/worst-of lists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is truly the week to re-group!! And I hope that process brings new inspiration and determination. As well as healing and joy!!!
    Happy New Year dear one!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really glad you're writing. It has been an honor - seriously - to share this terrible event with you. You are so real, Ellen - nothing fake about anything you do or write. It's a gift, it is.

    I forgot about the 10 best lists ... wow. Here we go, into the chute that takes us to the end of 2010. Onwards & upwards.

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.