Monday, December 28, 2009

sightings





“Look at them before you eat them,” he says to me.


“Huh?”  I am nothing if not quick on the uptake.


“Look at them before you eat them.”


I cast a dubious glance at my hand.  I’m eating Cheetos.


“And...why?” I ask.


“You might see the Virgin Mary.  We could sell it on E-bay and retire.”


He quotes from the paper...


‘This past year, Texans have reported seeing the Virgin Mary’s image in a bird dropping on a pick-up truck’s side mirror in Bryan and in a dry cleaning company’s press in Harlingen.  There was a Jesus shaped piece of Cheetos reported in Dallas and images of Jesus in a Houston pizza pan, the bark of a Crystal City tree and the freezer of a Morton grocery store.’


Texas, where the wonders never cease.

17 comments:

  1. I love crunchy Cheetos but can no longer tolerate gluten, (how boring), so I will miss out on these inspiring sightings. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Texas, I do, but there are a lot of religious nuts there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...of course, if you see a likeness it has some amazing mystical, religious significance that could change the world, or indicate the second coming, or.....

    My cheetos usually look like Jay Leno. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always found Jesus in Cheetos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, but the pictured Cheeto looks more like Kris Kringle than Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That cheeto did look a little Jesus-like...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool little cheesy figure . . . i hope this doesn't seem sacriligious but i think it has more in common with dr. cornelius off planet of the apes!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks kinda like a monkey.

    Oh, I love cheetos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't eat cheetos - something about getting sick on them when I was a kid. Never again. So looking for important figures in cheetos might be a good alternative! Anyone seen the state of Texas in them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm . . . looks like one of the prophets to me (that beard is the tip-off). Don't think that would gain as much cash, even in Texas. So - feel free to munch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now ... you know it's not just Texas, right? I do see a figure in that Cheeto - looks more like one of the Fab Four - the guy made of stone - than Jesus, though.

    There was a Virgin Mary sighting in a shadow on a Franciscan church in San Francisco when I lived there. I went right over but I couldn't see her. Dang, man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the biggest flamingo I have ever seen. My sister is a glass artist too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Give me a curly potato chip anyday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.