Several weeks ago Madame DeFarge of Bateau de Banane dumped...er, bestowed upon me the Premier Meme Award wherein I am to list 7 quirky things about me as evidenced in my blog. I am always thrilled and delighted whenever one of our fellow bloggers out there finds me...um, I mean, finds me entertaining. I’m supposed to pass this on to 7 other unsuspecting...er, I mean deserving blogs but the sad truth is, I’m not very good at doing that. I like to play but I have a hard time singling out just a few of the wonderful blogs I read. I wouldn’t want to obligate...er, I mean hurt anyone’s feelings who was not selected. My standard fall back is I’m awarding this to any and all who want to play.
so here’s my seven quirks:
1. I think chickens are entertaining. Well, maybe not chickens per se, rather, I think my sister’s experiences with chickens are entertaining. (click on the ‘chickens’ label)
2. I collect dead insects...pretty, interesting dead insects. I’ve been planning to post pics so this is a future blog quirk.
3. I’m tenacious (as evidenced by the fact that I will still post even when I don’t have anything funny or even remotely interesting to say) although there are some people out there who would prefer to call me ‘stubborn as a mule’.
4. I am a self-employed artist...by choice! If that’s not quirky, I don’t know what is. (You can experience the self inflicted hair pulling and ass kicking by clicking on the ‘art’ label.)
5. I have no problem whatsoever expressing my opinion as those of you on the receiving end of my comments are well aware.
6. I’m not nearly as quick on my feet as I am on a keyboard so if you ever meet me in person you will probably be wondering who this dull-witted woman is.
7. I live in two worlds, the city and the country, hence the continual ping pong of the nature of my posts.
That last one was hard to come up with although I’m sure there are many of my readers who could list several more of my (less attractive) quirks without even thinking. If you are new to me, and want to know even more about my infinitely fascinating personality you can read about the jobs I have had or the ten things you don’t know about me.