Monday, January 26, 2009

getting started

I was dicking around this morning during coffee time and finally decided to do this.  I've been thinking about it for awhile and actually have been doing sort of a blog on my website for several years on the news page.  That one is mostly about work stuff though, what we are working on, what shows we have coming up, workshop schedule, that sort of thing and some personal stuff, like our ever so slow move from city mice to country mice.  It only gets about four entries a year though.  I'll try to do better with this one but even so, every day ain't gonna happen.  Right now do I back up or go forward?  Backing up is easy, cut and paste.  Forward seemed easy when I was still drinking coffee this morning.

Well, for the uninitiated, my husband/partner and I are glass artists.  We established our studio in 1976, have done architectural commission carved and etched glass for 33 years and kiln cast glass in the pate de verre technique for 15 years.  You can see all our stuff on our website.  We teach the occasional workshop, usually as visiting artists at other studios.  We are in the process of moving from the big city where we have lived all our lives to the country outside the city limits of a small town with less than 10,000 people.  We do things out there like gawk at the kid haying the field behind us or yelling and jumping around when we scare a big rat snake out of the high grass.  It's very entertaining.

Well, I must really get to work now.

1 comment:

  1. I read your whole blog this evening and I have to say I LOVE IT!

    From the artistry, the move and your lovely grandkids it was a great read.

    I will certainly be back :)

    ReplyDelete

I opened my big mouth, now it's your turn.